Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: suggestions and insight by senior members on the W-4 form

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Used to be that they had a more easier-to-grasp district structure for the IRS. Now it seems to be a bit more ambiguous. I had always seemed comfortable with the idea of settling your exemption with the local IRS and having the employer deal with the IRS. That is, if the local IRS will hold up their end, the employer being the "little, helpless girly" in the scheme of things will have to follow suit. That is: it seems a lot more sound to first establish the exemption with the local IRS or with the IRS in general. Long ago, I used notarized statements in lieu of federal forms..things like a notarized Certificate of Foreign Status and was free from withholding...and I have never, ever heard a peep or question from the IRS. I am, simply, exempt. Keep in mind that, the "employer" in the capacity of doing withholding is very much the IRS/Treasury--really. But the level of competence back at the IRS local office is probably going to be a lot higher than Jennifer the HR chic.

What some folks do not realize is that they are exchanging substance/labor for scrip. The company is the one getting the deal not you. You're the one with what they want. They cannot pay you in lawful money so they are the one's receiving a benefit. But yet they want you to pay the tax on top of their getting a great deal by getting labor for just about nothing. This scheme of passing tax onto the employee was said to have been devised during the 1960s and 1970s.
    A debtor U.S. person is what a debtor U.S. person does when one claims to be such a creature via silent acquiescence.
    "You have to understand Neo, most of these people are not ready to
    be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

~ Morpheus / The Matrix movie trilogy.

I have been non-endorsing my paychecks for about 4 weeks now. I will continue with my current withholding until I understand more about the w4. I will just file my 1040 and use my lawful money to hopefully offset the tax for 2011 because I started late in the year non-endorsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
    I have been non-endorsing my paychecks for about 4 weeks now. I will continue with my current withholding until I understand more about the w4. I will just file my 1040 and use my lawful money to hopefully offset the tax for 2011 because I started late in the year non-endorsing.
    Six weeks might get you a larger refund. Wait until 2013 though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
    I wrote in "Exempt" at line number 7. t.
    I do not like that " exempt " verbage, but rather " not subject to " there is quite a bit of difference there

1040 Tax return - Demanding Lawful Money - Unsuccessful

I sent my 2011 1040 tax return with demand for lawful money and received a notice back where they revised my return and completely ignored all.

Do you think this is a test or maybe they don't understand what I did?

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekneez View Post
    I sent my 2011 1040 tax return with demand for lawful money and received a notice back where they revised my return and completely ignored all.

Do you think this is a test or maybe they don't understand what I did?

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks.
    I have tested out lawful money redemption of W-2 based paychecks in the safe confines of some 1040EZ returns, where the "income" was small enough to qualify for EIC, no matter how you figured it. The IRS ignored everything about the lawful money redemption and figured the EIC as if I had endorsed private credit of the Fed.

I've come to the conclusion that the only Lawful Money is Cash, in hand paid, besides gold and silver coin which nobody has ever offered to pay me in.

The SSN in connection with banking and DL appears to be evidence of a "trade or business" of the United States, and once you receive IRS information returns such as W-2s and 1099s, the IRS considers the amounts shown on those info returns to be taxable income.

I have no idea what legal trickery they base their fleecing power on, and I'm only vaguely interested in the latest theories about the income tax mechanisms anymore.
    I have read many an opinion and research on how the IRS tax scheme supposedly works, and overall the SEDM research and the Informer make the most sense to me.

My observations are no more than anecdotes of my real-life experiences.
    My experiences have shown me that cash transactions between real humans are never taxed, but as soon as I take my cash to a business which has a tax ID number, such as a grocery store or gas station, the taxation starts.

Sorry I can't offer you a magic bullet. I believe that the only way to win with the IRS is to not play the debt based fiat money game at all.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

well said, TF

I am a little saddened that the experience has taught you that.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I am a little saddened that the experience has taught you that.
    Why?
    It seems that you learned this a long time ago.
    I'm just now catching up
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the only Lawful Money is Cash, in hand paid, besides gold and silver coin which nobody has ever offered to pay me in.
    My understanding is lawful money is Fed notes that are fully bonded; or in other words cash. The signatures of the US Treasurer and the Secretary bond the cash but the endorser bonds the extra currency generated from fractional lending. Endorsement gives naked contract consent for that increase to happen so there is a lot of bonding going on that is a first lien against the substance of the endorser.

However it is true that I have not cashed a paycheck for well over a decade and a half. So you have a point with me.

Maybe your point is that if you provide a Taxpayer ID number on a 1040 Form to get a Refund the IRS agent presumes you have taxable income? I may be mistaken but it seems to me that you are a Cracking the Code recovery from that thread. This severely complicates things since redeeming lawful money.

We have success stories coming in though. Not many recent postings here though. I think that I can understand reluctance to post on websites.