Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
Treasury meaning US Treasury?

State/Provincial treasury has dibs on the birth certificate *UNTIL* the SI/SS numbers come into play. That is, until a Social Insurance Number or Social Security Number come into play a B/C is a purely State/Provincial item. IMHO, the Social Security Card is a (federal/US) birth certificate. If the birth-certificate-person does not get an SS# or an SI# then it might be confined to "doing business in" a particular State/Province. Why the an SSL for a driver's license? THE INTERSTATE COMPACT FEDERALIZES AND INTERNATIONALIZES THE DRIVER LICENSE.

The only "Treasury" that can has direct access or any to the BC person in such a manner is probably the Treasury of the State/Province of issue. The SI# or SS# appears to "federalizes" provides an interstate/international nexus.

Years ago I, myself pointed out that DL# = State tax ID number. It started getting around. Within six months State of Missouri and State of Illinois both revised their driver licenses to change the numbering system. Prior to the change business got a tax ID with the same number of digits as the driver license number. Hmm.

There is a reason they bill John H. Doe rather than John Henry Doe.
Me thinks there is great pay dirt to be extracted in States and other polities being federal beneficiaries accepting federal benefits.

Drag that into record .