Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
A mistake can be corrected at any time, so why worry about it?:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/lawschool/...rim/crim18.htm

Good education is about the experience, not some scripted goal manifested by the public school system.
well this is what went down

I went there on the scheduled date.
Prosecutor sits me down and offers me a plea deal.
I tell him that it is my intention to settle this matter honorably and that Im fully aware that pleadings perfect jurisdiction.
He tells me that I am taking up way too much of his time when I had only been sitting there 30 seconds.
Asks me if Im going to take the plea deal or not, I give him a look and before I can say anything he crumples up the agreement and chucks it in the garbage and says in an angry tone, "We will go to trial".
I get up and walk out, I wait to see the "judge", ask her the question about pleading perfecting jurisdiction to which she replies negatively by saying that my getting a ticket in that town is what gives the court jurisdiction. I then ask if the court is ready to come forward with a competent fact witness to which she replies, with a smirk "this is not a civil case". She then says this case will be adjourned so the officer can be called in to testify. I reply that the officer cannot be a competent fact witness because he is acting as a third party. she ignores this and keeps insisting that the case be adjourned. Then proceeds to tell me that she would be entering a not guilty plea for me, to which I object by saying that I haven't plead to this court. She replies that I dont have to and keeps saying have a good day. At that point I just turned around and walked out. Now I have a notice for a month from now to appear for this trial.

thoughts?