Thread: LAW states registration not required

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    It turns out I WAS WRONG!

There is a Gold Clause Resolution of 1933!!

Resolutions are generally, not law unless passed by a president after both houses of congress agree on it. It has a temporary affect on matters. [Black's Law Dictionary, 6th ed., pg. 1310]

I didn't do my research thoroughly enough.

For this, I apologize to the board and to motla68 most of all .

That's why I love you guys. I learn so much. Learn so much more in error.

Good stuff . Keep it coming and most of all, keep me on my toes.
    I've been gone for some little time and i wonder was that MOTLA68 last posting? Has he been kicked from StS??? Anyone? TY

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade View Post
    I've been gone for some little time and i wonder was that MOTLA68 last posting? Has he been kicked from StS??? Anyone? TY
    He's still around. I'll leave it at that.

as a general comment:

Why do those with knowledge as the questions?

How are you supposed to think for yourself if you do not understand how to arrive at the answer?

You have to be able to comprehend the situation, recognize invisible contracts - which was missed in this thread, and assess the best answer. If you cant think on your feet in a forum setting - forget it.

I personally used the self insurance in an encounter and the "officer" offered a citation for no insurance - 3 times - i countered with it is valid. it is private contract. no citation for no insurance was issued (about a 2000 $ fee).

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    as a general comment:

How are you supposed to think for yourself if you do not understand how to arrive at the answer?

You have to be able to comprehend the situation, recognize invisible contracts - which was missed in this thread, and assess the best answer. If you cant think on your feet in a forum setting - forget it.

I personally used the self insurance in an encounter and the "officer" offered a citation for no insurance - 3 times - i countered with it is valid. it is private contract. no citation for no insurance was issued (about a 2000 $ fee).
    You'll have to give us some of your war stories one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    as a general comment:

Can you tell me more about your self insurance process. thanks. fB

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Burrell View Post
    Can you tell me more about your self insurance process. thanks. fB
    There is a thread in Success Stories regarding self insurance.

Starting in 2014, virtually every legal resident of the U.S. and those who will be should face up to their civic responsibilities. "We're no longer going to subsidize the care of those who can afford to buy insurance but make a choice not to buy it."

Incorporating the effects of new federal legislation The Supreme Court upheld Obama's law as constitutional in a 5-4 decision this summer, finding that the insurance mandate and the tax penalty enforcing it fall within the power of Congress to impose taxes.

The penalty will be collected by the IRS, just like taxes.

The budget office said the penalty will raise $6.9 billion in 2016, Romney says insurance mandates should be up to each state. http://news.yahoo.com/tax-penalty-hi...194442599.html

Self insurance takes on a whole new meaning now doesn't it?