Thread: LAW states registration not required

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Christopher View Post
    Great thread fB. I get what you are saying with the UCC and various court decisions. I dont comprehend the USDOT idea allodial brought up. I went to their site and it really seems that it is for commerce only. I think this is where the use of a trust would come in very handy. Now that I look back allodial does have the name of a trust on the id tag. Allodial, how would that be structured would be nice to know.

Salve sis
    Keep in mind that State DL and tags carry a commercial presumption. Where is easily accessible search for LEOs or others so they can determine that its really just for informational rather then commercial? Likely you could complete a DL application in a similar manner. But the USDOT provides a remedy. The key is REMEDY. You arent actually doing anything commercial. You are using it for REMEDY not for commerce. One can clarify the intent by sending supporting document, cover letter or the like to the US Secretary of Transportation or to the Chief Counsel of the USDOT.

Key terms: not for hire, not commercial, private, not domestic, no cargo.
    Last edited by allodial; 08-30-11 at 08:58 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.