Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LAW states registration not required

A civilian under international humanitarian law (also known as the laws of war) is a person who is not a member of his or her country's armed forces or other militia. Civilians are distinct from combatants. They are afforded a degree of legal protection from the effects of war and military occupation. The term "civilian" is also often used metaphorically to refer to people who are not members of a particular profession or occupation, especially by civilian law enforcement agencies, which often adopt rank structures emulating those of military units. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian

Blacks Law 6th.
    CIVILIAN

Civilian. Private citizen, as distinguished from such as belong to the armed services, or (in England) the church. One who is skilled or versed in the civil law.

Civilis Civil, as distinguished from criminal.

Civilis a civil action.

Civilista In old English law, a civil lawyer, or civilian.

Civiliter Civilly. In a person's civil character or position, or by civil (not criminal) process or procedure. This term is used in distinction or opposition to the word "criminaliter, " -criminally,-to distinguish civil actions from criminal prosecutions.

Civiliter mortuus

Civilly dead; dead in the view of the law. The condition of one who has lost his civil rights and capacities, and is considered civilly dead in law. See Civil death.

Blacks Law 6th.

Citizens and non-citizen nationals
    United States passports are issuable only to persons who owe permanent allegiance to the United States ? i.e., citizens and non-citizen nationals of the United Stateshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_passport#Citizens_and_non-citizen_nationals
    A non-citizen national is a person born in one of the outlying possessions of the United States, including American Samoa and Swain?s Island, to a parent who is a non-citizen national. This is a person who is a U.S. national but not a U.S. citizen. Please call the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833) for more information, or visit www.uscis.gov: http://www.network-health.org/glossary.aspx?id=136

The Department of State occasionally receives requests for certificates of non-citizen national status pursuant to Section 341(b)(2) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 USC 1452(b)(2). http://travel.state.gov/law/citizens...nship_781.html

Now we are supposed to know this:
    341 CERTIFICATES OF CITIZENSHIP OR U.S. NON-CITIZEN NATIONAL STATUS; PROCEDURE SEC. 341. [8 U.S.C. 1452]

(a) A person who claims to have derived United States citizenship through the naturalization of a parent or through the naturalization or citizenship of a husband, or who is a citizen of the United States by virtue of the provisions of section 1993 of the United States Revised Statutes, or of section 1993 of the United States Revised Statutes, as amended by section 1 of the Act of May 24, 1934 (48 Stat. 797), or who is a citizen of the United States by virtue of the provisions of subsection (c), (d), (e), (g), or (i) of section 201 of the Nationality Act of 1940, as amended (54 Stat. 1138; 8 U.S.C. 601), or of the Act of May 7, 1934 (48 Stat. 667), or of paragraph (c), (d), (e), or (g) of section 301 of this title, or under the provisions of the Act of August 4, 1937 (50 Stat. 558), or under the provisions of section 203 or 205 of the Nationality Act of 1940 (54 Stat. 1139; 8 U.S.C. 603, 605), or under the provisions of section 303 of this title, may apply to the Attorney General for a certificate of citizenship. Upon proof to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the applicant is a citizen, and that the applicant's alleged citizenship was derived as claimed, or acquired, as the case may be, and upon taking and subscribing before a member of the Service within the United States to the oath of allegiance required by this Act of an applicant for naturalization, such individual shall be furnished by the Attorney General with a certificate of citizenship, but only if such individual is at the time within the United States.

(b) A person who claims to be a national, but not a citizen, of the United States may apply to the Secretary of State for a certificate of non-citizen national status. Upon-
    (1) proof to the satisfaction of the Secretary of State that the applicant is a national, but not a citizen, of the United States, and
    (2) in the case of such a person born outside of the United States or its outlying possessions, taking and subscribing, before an immigration officer within the United States or its outlying possessions, to the oath of allegiance required by this Act of a petitioner for naturalization, the individual shall be furnished by the Secretary of State with a certificate of non-citizen national status, but only if the individual is at the time within the United States or its outlying possessions.

(c) [Subsection (c) was repealed by Sec. 102(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Technical Corrections Act of 1994 (Pub. L. 103-416, Oct. 25, 1994), effective as of April 1, 1995, under Sec. 102(d) of that Act.]
    http://www.immigration-usa.com/ina_96_title_3.html

A "U.S. National" is defined in 8 U.S.C. 1408: http://www.famguardian.org/TaxFreedo...USNational.htm

Does anyone have a passport other that the color black?

During a Sunday interview with ABC News, House Speaker John Boehner threw his support behind the bill? certainly a big step towards its eventual passage. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-...ent-tax-slaves

Mine is dark blue in a black leather Passport wallet.

AFAIK a 'civillian' (i.e. unlawful combatant status) can also be construed to be a belligerent re: "laws of war".
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Does the blue passport recognize A "U.S. National" as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1408?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-cit...e_not_citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    Does the blue passport recognize A "U.S. National" as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1408?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-cit...e_not_citizens

No. I have known serious petitioners applying for the US National passport and they never get it. I have seen the letters back from the State Department and they say that according to their records and place of birth etc. the petitioner is a US citizen and getting the proper passport is approved.

The WSA passport is based in UN Charter Law.

After evaluating the passport for a while my interpretation is that its function is to declare beforehand, when you enter a country what embassy you will be running to if you get into some serious hot water while visiting. Therefore the passport is pretty superfluous. You can run to the Korean embassy for example, but if you were not born or naturalized there you probably cannot get any help by doing so. Therefore if I was in South Africa and ran to the American Embassy for help then I could probably get it regardless of whether I had a passport or not, once I convinced them I was born in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    After evaluating the passport for a while my interpretation is that its function is to declare beforehand, when you enter a country what embassy you will be running to if you get into some serious hot water while visiting. Therefore the passport is pretty superfluous. You can run to the Korean embassy for example, but if you were not born or naturalized there you probably cannot get any help by doing so. Therefore if I was in South Africa and ran to the American Embassy for help then I could probably get it regardless of whether I had a passport or not, once I convinced them I was born in Colorado.
    It probably comes down to who you pay for "protection services". Just like a home-owner in an unincorporated area can pay a sheriff, a police department or a security company for patrols.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    A civilian under international humanitarian law (also known as the laws of war) is a person who is not a member of his or her country's armed forces or other militia. Civilians are distinct from combatants. They are afforded a degree of legal protection from the effects of war and military occupation. The term "civilian" is also often used metaphorically to refer to people who are not members of a particular profession or occupation, especially by civilian law enforcement agencies, which often adopt rank structures emulating those of military units. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian

Blacks Law 6th.
    CIVILIAN

Civilian. Private citizen, as distinguished from such as belong to the armed services, or (in England) the church. One who is skilled or versed in the civil law.

Civilis Civil, as distinguished from criminal.

Civilis a civil action.

Civilista In old English law, a civil lawyer, or civilian.

Civiliter Civilly. In a person's civil character or position, or by civil (not criminal) process or procedure. This term is used in distinction or opposition to the word "criminaliter, " -criminally,-to distinguish civil actions from criminal prosecutions.

Civiliter mortuus

Civilly dead; dead in the view of the law. The condition of one who has lost his civil rights and capacities, and is considered civilly dead in law. See Civil death.

Blacks Law 6th.
    Civilian also refers to those learned in Admiralty Law particularly the students, attorneys, and judges of Admiralty practice.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 05-26-12 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    It probably comes down to who you pay for "protection services". Just like a home-owner in an unincorporated area can pay a sheriff, a police department or a security company for patrols.
    Like somebody who mentioned sales tax - protection services on the commercial district (downtown).

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Like somebody who mentioned sales tax - protection services on the commercial district (downtown).
    Exactly. Gangsta.