Thread: Enfranchise

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Hollywood captured for a brief snapshot the franchise on the Temple. Behind that is donations being great enough that the priests were hoarding the drachma and shekel coins. Then they leased space in the courtyard for the moneychangers to gouge the pilgrims, selling the local "acceptable" coinage at a markup.
    That is a commercial franchise.
    Although this is a legitimate sense of the term, my intent of this thread was to provide support for my "incorporation theory".

The birth certificate along with the legal name incorporates a human being into a society or corporation. Upon bestowal, an abstract capacity is then laid upon the human being i.e. a person(a).

The society or corporation is an abstract of mind. It is incorporeal This abstract interacts with other abstracts, i.e a person(a). The human being is the agent of the abstract (person) giving it life and action. All the better that said human mistakes the abstract for his actual self.

The first fiction is the name or appellation.
    Birth certificates come later in history.

On a historical note, franchise typically refers to the privilege of voting.
    In England, the privilege of voting was bound to the possession in land of a freehold tenure.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 10-07-11 at 08:21 PM.