Thread: sample 1040

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My father, who followed in my footsteps without enough knowledge, is being fined beyond belief for "frivolous filings" which equate to nothing more than not "signing his name by hand." I myself am currently battling a frivolous filing but due to a different reason. It's funny...I received a Notice CP 12 back in May after they reviewed and AMENDED my return and I am due a refund. But the refund never came. After calling in to check on it I said the wrong words and shortly thereafter received a "frivolous filing" notice. Since all transactions last year were made with demand and I have their notice now they are pursuing the "frivolous filing." Sadly, my R4C was delayed by registered mail (I won't use that again!) so they got their so-called acceptance and now they keep sending me offers for Notice of lien, etc while interest accrues. I have to laugh how they continue to ignore their own notice where they owe me double what they currently claim I owe due to the "frivolous filing."

The reason for my inquiry on the signature is the last thing I want is to give them another opportunity to hit me with a "frivolous filing" for 2011. I have done everything I can to get away from these people and I don't want to give them another opportunity to further steal from the account. Michael Joseph has helped me tremendously to get almost everything out of the ALL CAPS NAME but I want to prevent further offers and notices. I want to file as I did last year where I typed under the signature box "See Attached A.O.T." where I outline my demands and intent, which seemed to work well. But I just don't know if they are cracking down hard on the signature issue. It appears so.

David, do you suggest on the main page of the 1040 to add in "Demand for Lawful Money Reduction" straight on the form, maybe above the "See Attached?" Or would you just leave it as is since the Affidavit of Truth with reference intent as well as all the transactions conducted during 2011 plus copies of every transaction to go along with the return?