Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randall John's Dismissal (Traffic)

P.S. Done!

I have heard this is Marc STEVENS' MO: Appearance by Affidavit.

That's a clever way to hide the real reason for the dismissal.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

There might be a number of reasons the officer did not show up in court. I hear that officers are usually scheduled overtime for court days. That affidavit though, that would be a good reason not to throw an already tight budget at prosecuting a fellow 90 miles away over. I noticed the county diversity today. Randall John lives 90 miles from Clackamas county.

Yes, this sounds like Dean Cliffords teachings. Good stuff and seems to be working well for a lot of people. fB

The main drawback of course is when the officer shows up and the judge proceeds. It may be that appearing by affidavit can be construed as failure to appear depending on the judge's mood about Sovereign Citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    The main drawback of course is when the officer shows up and the judge proceeds. It may be that appearing by affidavit can be construed as failure to appear depending on the judge's mood about Sovereign Citizens.
    I tried this approach with those tickets I had posted about earlier and it shut them up for a bit but now it looks like this is the approach they are trying. I failed to appear so blah blah blah pay the tickets by 10-17 with a $10 increase or we will suspend your license issue a warrant yada yada yada. The fact that the new notices I received don't have ANY presiding judges name on it and just basically says "tickets were filed with this court charging you with the above listed offenses" sounds to me like they don't quite know what to make of my dishonor of the officers presentment and are treading somewhat lightly around me while still trying to impose authority over the matter. Doesn't help that I am in New Jersey, one of the bastions of statutory tyranny.