Thread: No more alterations of Signature Card?

No more alterations of Signature Card?

I have not really had my pulse on this lately and for that I apologize. You will see soon some of the interesting things that have distracted me lately, I promise.

I do not have a bank account and have considered doing some audio recorder excursions to explore what I percieve is a widespread Memo among the banks that no special stampings or verbiage will be added to Signature Cards. It seems to me that the Signature Card is an agreement between two parties so I suppose that this is an immediate R4C by the bank, to simply refuse your innovation to the traditional agreement.

This is troubling at first but I think I know a work-around.

Write in or stamp the verbiage on the Signature Card and then strike it through but keep it legible. This is the most blatant way to make the demand known, so improvise. If you can get a correspondence from the bank like we have seen around here then that works too. The key is to make your demand, not get the bank to comply. Of course this assumes you are mature enough in your sloughing of conditioning to leave the bank account setup with a copy of your Signature Card to begin with.

You might be surprised at how much courage it takes to demand a record of something you have signed.

It reminds me of me and my dentist - a great guy. I wanted a copy of my dental records. He spoke with his attorney I presume, and conferred with his receptionist/assistants about this too. He came back actually under the presumption that I wanted to take the original records home with me! I reminded him that I was just going to photograph the record with my camera, that I had no desire for the record to be in custody of anybody but him, my dentist...

And so after we were done with the dental work, he put me in a small office with my records and let me do my thing.

It was obviously the first time he had experienced a patient like me though.

I went to a BofA trying to cash a check with my stamp. I was held up by the manager for almost 30 minutes while she called the check writer and other people. She then came out and informed me that I cannot do this. I started to get agitated and informed her "Yes, I can." In the end, they cashed the check minus their $6.00 fee for wasting 30 minutes of my time.

One's signature card is actually a maritime contract.

You should ask for all papers with regard to that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by hughg View Post
    I went to a BofA trying to cash a check with my stamp. I was held up by the manager for almost 30 minutes while she called the check writer and other people. She then came out and informed me that I cannot do this. I started to get agitated and informed her "Yes, I can." In the end, they cashed the check minus their $6.00 fee for wasting 30 minutes of my time.
    Remember to be thankful for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    One's signature card is actually a maritime contract.

You should ask for all papers with regard to that contract.

Get a look... better, get a copy of your bank's Tariff.

Years ago a suitor asked to read the tariff. After twenty minutes of waiting they brought it to him and he sat and spent a while more reading it in the lobby.