Thread: Are these methods valid or are they Faulted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am in the process of getting Bank of America to establish a lawful money account for me, specifying the terms of non-endorsement. Assuming I get this done (BofA is waffling, claiming they have 'never seen this' (surely BS), and that there is no 'signature sheet', but I expect to get past these issues. My question is this: when spending lawful money, no sales tax is allowed, but each vendor will want to argue this point. Has anyone asked the state Sales Tax Commission for an exemption number, which could be given to merchants so they are not responsible for the (unpaid) tax? Is there a better way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Freed Gerdes View Post
    I am in the process of getting Bank of America to establish a lawful money account for me, specifying the terms of non-endorsement. Assuming I get this done (BofA is waffling, claiming they have 'never seen this' (surely BS), and that there is no 'signature sheet', but I expect to get past these issues. My question is this: when spending lawful money, no sales tax is allowed, but each vendor will want to argue this point. Has anyone asked the state Sales Tax Commission for an exemption number, which could be given to merchants so they are not responsible for the (unpaid) tax? Is there a better way to do this?

I think you presume erroneously that lawful money excludes sales tax. As I understand sales tax it is a privilege to shop downtown in the "policed" district of commerce. The marketplace (downtown) was quite dangerous before municipal jurisdiction, both for carrying money and for getting home with your bought items.

Sales tax is for your safety by tradition. Of course municipal and state jurisdictions will mix this with the Federal Reserve as the central bank of the United States so I am speaking strictly in ideals.