Thread: The Informer, James Montgomery, Dr. Frank Wiswall, and more !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ManOntheLand
    Thanks for the correction, shikamaru. You have encapsulated the inherent injustice of admiralty jurisdiction on land: removing the jury. How and why revenue cases came to be in the admiralty is a very important point, I believe.

I was trying to convey (albeit imprecisely) that revenue cases have been considered to be in the admiralty in America since adoption of the Constitution for the USA. According to Are you Lost At C? the Supreme Court said in The Huntress: "in this country, revenue causes had so long been the subject of Admiralty cognizance, that congress considered them as civil causes of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction..."

I hope this circumstance can be made clear to all those in the tax honesty community complaining that Americans' rights are ignored in federal court regarding income tax.

That will probably prepare you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOntheLand View Post
    Thanks for the correction, shikamaru. You have encapsulated the inherent injustice of admiralty jurisdiction on land: removing the jury. How and why revenue cases came to be in the admiralty is a very important point, I believe.

I was trying to convey (albeit imprecisely) that revenue cases have been considered to be in the admiralty in America since adoption of the Constitution for the USA. According to Are you Lost At C? the Supreme Court said in The Huntress: "in this country, revenue causes had so long been the subject of Admiralty cognizance, that congress considered them as civil causes of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction..."

I hope this circumstance can be made clear to all those in the tax honesty community complaining that Americans' rights are ignored in federal court regarding income tax.
    Not only that, civil cases concerning taxes are conducted in Article I (legislative) courts.

Criminal cases are conducted in Article III courts.

Only Article III courts are judicial courts.
    Article I courts are something else entirely .....