Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Informer, James Montgomery, Dr. Frank Wiswall, and more !!

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Awesome thread.
    Thank you shikamaru.
    More to come. Check back frequently .

I got to dig up my Wiswall material ....

The Development of the Admiralty Jurisdiction and Practice Since 1800 by Dr. Frank L. Wiswall

PartI
    PartII
    PartIII
    PartIV

Supreme Court Case

THE PROPELLER GENESEE CHIEF, 53 U. S. 443 (1851)

And if the admiralty jurisdiction, in matters of contract and tort which the courts of the United States may lawfully exercise on the high seas, can be extended to the lakes under the power to regulate commerce, it can with the same propriety and upon the same construction be extended to contracts and torts on land when the commerce is between different states. And it may embrace also the vehicles and persons engaged in carrying it on. It would be in the power of Congress to confer admiralty jurisdiction upon its courts, over the cars engaged in transporting passengers or merchandise from one state to another, and over the persons engaged in conducting them, and deny to the parties

the trial by jury.
    Now the judicial power in cases of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction has never been supposed to extend to contracts made on land and to be executed on land. But if the power of regulating commerce can be made the foundation of jurisdiction in its courts, and a new and extended admiralty jurisdiction beyond its heretofore known and admitted limits may be created on water under that authority, the same reason would justify the same exercise of power on land.

Besides, the jurisdiction established by this act of Congress does not depend on the residence of the parties. And under the admiralty powers conferred on the district courts, they are authorized to proceed in rem or in personam in the cases mentioned in the law although the parties concerned are citizens of the same state. If the lakes and waters connecting them are within the admiralty and maritime jurisdiction as conferred by the Constitution, then undoubtedly this authority may be lawfully exercised, because this jurisdiction depends upon the place and not upon the residence of the parties.

Yes! Awesome contribution.

Here is a good read too.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 10-23-11 at 09:41 AM.

statute [ˈstætjuːt]
    n. (Law) a permanent rule made by a body or institution for the government of its internal affairs

jurisdiction [ˌdʒʊərɪsˈdɪkʃən] [from Latin jūrisdictiō administration of justice; see jus, diction]

administrate [ədˈmɪnɪˌstreɪt]
    vb
    to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc.)

from earlier in this thread: "" the jurisdiction established by this act of Congress does not depend on the residence of the parties. And under the admiralty powers conferred on the district courts, they are authorized to proceed in rem or in personam ""

In rem is based on property and location of a habitant does not determine citizenship, If one lives by a proverbial mask then they shall die by the proverbial mask.
    Last edited by motla68; 10-23-11 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    statute [ˈstætjuːt]
    n. (Law) a permanent rule made by a body or institution for the government of its internal affairs

jurisdiction [ˌdʒʊərɪsˈdɪkʃən] [from Latin jūrisdictiō administration of justice; see jus, diction]

administrate [ədˈmɪnɪˌstreɪt]
    vb
    to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc.)

from earlier in this thread: "" the jurisdiction established by this act of Congress does not depend on the residence of the parties. And under the admiralty powers conferred on the district courts, they are authorized to proceed in rem or in personam ""

In rem is based on property and location of a habitant does not determine citizenship, If one lives by a proverbial mask then they shall die by the proverbial mask.
    I added this interesting paper. We find you touching on the diversity of the Libel of Review. Quite simply put, somebody acting under a foreign principal must file in the district courts of the US to approach a man on the land. The US clerk of court is required to file the foreign judgment.

The districts from 1789 (same Judiciary Act as the 'saving to suitors' remedy on P. 77 of Chapter 20) were formed of the city of Washington, District of Columbia. That is METRO. An astute suitor caught this the other day:

Came across this in my research, when seeking the head of the Cestui Que Vie Trust court system for Michigan, who could give procedural direction to the maritime (ecclesiastical/canon law) Court priests for securing the release of MP's body. The word metro-politan (METRO) popped out. This first reference is from Wikipedia, but the second is an official Catholic reference.

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Detroit (Latin: Archidioecesis Detroitensis) is an archdiocese of the Latin Rite of the Catholic Church covering (as of 2005) the Michigan counties of Lapeer, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, St. Clair, and Wayne. It is the metropolitan archdiocese for the Roman Catholic Ecclesiastical Province of Detroit, which includes all dioceses in the state of Michigan. In addition, in 2000 the archdiocese accepted pastoral responsibility[2] for the Roman Catholic Church in the Cayman Islands, which consists of Saint Ignatius Parish[3] onGrand Cayman (the Archdiocese of Kingston maintains a mission sui iuris jurisdiction over the Cayman Islands).[4]
    Established as the Diocese of Detroit on March 8, 1833, it was elevated to Archdiocese on May 22, 1937. Ste. Anne's in Detroit is the second oldest continuously-operating Roman Catholic Parish in the United States dating from July 26, 1701.[5][6]

An ecclesiastical province (or churchly province) is a large jurisdiction of religious government, so named by analogy with a secular province, existing in certain hierarchical Christian churches, especially in the Catholic Church (both Latin and Eastern Catholic) and Orthodox Churches and in the Anglican Communion. In the early church, and in some modern churches, its chief city and seat is called a metropolis and its bishop is called a metropolitan.

At the First Council of Nicaea (325) this position of the metropolitan was taken for granted, and was made the basis for conceding to him definite rights over the other bishops and dioceses of the state province. In Eastern canon law since the fourth century (cf. also the Synod of Antioch of 341, can. ix), it was a principle that every civil province was likewise a church province under the supreme direction of the metropolitan, i.e. of the bishop of the provincial capital.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10244c.htm

Catholic encyclopedia

Metropolitan, in ecclesiastical language, refers to whatever relates to the metropolis, the principal city, or see, of an ecclesiastical province; thus we speak of a metropolitan church, a metropolitan chapter, a metropolitan official, etc. The word metropolitan, used without any qualificative, means the bishop of the metropolitan see, now usually styled archbishop. The term metropolite (Metropolites,Metropolita) is also employed, especially in the Eastern Churches (see ARCHBISHOP). The entire body of rights and duties which canon law attributes to the metropolitan, or archbishop as such, i.e., not for his own diocese, but for those suffragan to him and forming his ecclesiastical province, is called the metropoliticum.
    The preachers, in priestcraft are taught to teach us that the Levites have received no inheritance. METRO is no small pittance!! Read I Chronicles 6!

1Ch 6:57 And to the sons of Aaron they gave the cities of Judah, namely, Hebron, the city of refuge, and Libnah with her suburbs, and Jattir, and Eshtemoa, with their suburbs,
    1Ch 6:58 And Hilen with her suburbs, Debir with her suburbs,
    1Ch 6:59 And Ashan with her suburbs, and Bethshemesh with her suburbs...
    I have counted 77 cities given to the Leviathan; I mean Levites.

Interestingly, it all seems to have its origin right here. In the center of the spiral we find METRO Facilities with four Masonic monuments and the Thomas MacLaren Charter School too; strategically placed on the Golden Spiral.

Being as how the SW Corner is where fiat currency originated in America, prior to its adoption in Washington DC (Greenbacks and US Notes) I encourage you to speculate what might cause such a geographic layout?

I suspect it is either a tradition in Masonry to layout a city with Masonic Monuments in a Golden Rectangle. Or maybe it is a Higher Mind at work, an archetype working like an effect - a law of Mind?
    Last edited by David Merrill; 10-23-11 at 10:09 AM.

Thank you ALL for great efforts.

George Alexander