Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
If Social Security is a trust, a beneficiary should be able to resign and waive the benefits to terminate the trust relationship.

I'm most interested in how "the Informer" removed himself as beneficiary from the trust. Glad I have his broadcasts .
I had a link to the informer [website] with corresponding information on the old forum which was lost when it went down. From my understanding and memory, the informer discovered, possible from the IRS Code, that a SSN is composed of a nine [not ten] digit number having zero alphabetic letters. When one retires, the IRS attaches a tenth symbol, the letter "A" to the tail-end of the SSN. By doing so, the IRS converts a valid SSN into a non-valid SSN and one then becomes a beneficiary. Or words to that effect.

I wish I could remember better but maybe this will give you some direction. Then again, possibly it was the SSA rather than the IRS that attached the additional symbol "A" to the tail-end of the SSN. In either event, one loses his SSN upon retirement and one is then issued something that is not a valid SSN.

Things similar are not the same.

My knee-jerk reaction at the time of reading was: In order to stand forth and speak Truthfully saying "I have no SSN" is to simply retire. The documentation of TPTB become proof-positive that one no longer has a valid SSN.