Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Redemption of Lawful Money at US Bank

Redemption of Lawful Money at US Bank

Thank you all for the discussions posted here. They have really helped me out in making some headway. I'm currently working with three different banks on this issue, laying the groundwork for others more than anything. I was successful at redeeming lawful money with my paper check last week at US Bank. Still working on getting my signature card changed there. I'm also working with Bank of America to get a new checking account set up with a signature card that has the stamped demand for lawful money. I've set up an account with a credit union, that is refusing to let me amend my signature card. I'll probably be waiting until I have success with both US Bank and Bank of America before putting much more effort in at the credit union.

Thanks Again,
    OT

Quote Originally Posted by OlyThoreau View Post
    Thank you all for the discussions posted here. They have really helped me out in making some headway. I'm currently working with three different banks on this issue, laying the groundwork for others more than anything. I was successful at redeeming lawful money with my paper check last week at US Bank. Still working on getting my signature card changed there. I'm also working with Bank of America to get a new checking account set up with a signature card that has the stamped demand for lawful money. I've set up an account with a credit union, that is refusing to let me amend my signature card. I'll probably be waiting until I have success with both US Bank and Bank of America before putting much more effort in at the credit union.

Thanks Again,
    OT
    Just an update. I've received the stamps I had made for my checks and deposit/withdrawal slips. I'm now stamping my checks with:

Redeemed in Lawful Money
    Pursuant to 12 USC § 411

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/12C3.txt

I'm not using First Middle; dba Signature. No problem cashing the checks at all.
    Last edited by OlyThoreau; 10-30-11 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Formatting issue with size of URL

Just an update. I've received the stamps I had made for my checks and deposit/withdrawal slips. I'm now stamping my checks with:

Redeemed in Lawful Money
    Pursuant to 12 USC § 411

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/12C3.txt

I'm not using First Middle; dba Signature. No problem cashing the checks at all.
    Okay, I'm a bit confused... I HAVE been signing using my First Middle; then printing First Middle dba First Last. Should I NOT be signing at all?...just only using my "Redeemed etc." stamp? Because on my signature card I DID sign with my First Middle and then printed out First Middle dba First Last.

Thanks for the input.

Hbert

Quote Originally Posted by Hbert997 View Post
    Okay, I'm a bit confused... I HAVE been signing using my First Middle; then printing First Middle dba First Last. Should I NOT be signing at all?...just only using my "Redeemed etc." stamp? Because on my signature card I DID sign with my First Middle and then printed out First Middle dba First Last.

Thanks for the input.

Hbert
    This animal seems to be somewhat fleeting. I gather intelligence from anecdotes and conformity with current law. It may be that perceptions change. For example I just saw a fully FILED Default Judgment on a Libel of Review but it took over six weeks to happen; like they mulled it over and over and finally realized they had no choice but to honor the foreign true judgment. They had been trying over that time to dismiss but the Order was Refused for Cause properly.

What I am saying is that the signature, at least in my mind has been the endorsement of the Order for lawful money. You sign your Demand. But all along, I have only been advising that you sign your Demand so that the teller will process your paycheck, giving you the funds for your groceries etc. If there is a signature it goes a lot smoother at the bank.

When asking for a $40 refund at Lowe's and while a little distressed that the salesman sold me the wrong power tool battery I just signed, Lawful Money. That went so smoothly that I think I will adopt it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbert997 View Post

Thanks for the input.

Hbert
    My understanding from reading posts from others around here is that it is just "First Middle (printed); dba First Last (signature)". David definitely knows more about this than I do. However, it is my opinion that if you can get away with just stamping the spot that asks for your endorsement without any signature at all, why not do it? I think this only makes it clear that you DO NOT endorse private credit, and leaves no room for argument that you do. I know that the tellers see what I have done because they always flip the check over, and I have red ink in my stamper.

As David has found out for himself as well you can acknowledge the obligation of the United States Treasury by simply signing " Lawful Money ", have stated here before that I have got some docs pushed through by not signing anything at all or just print the name. There is a school of thought have heard certain people consider when you sign you are actually cursing the instrument that is benefiting your neighbor. Who really has an obligation to sign? when you were given a birth certificate/ certificate of live birth from your parents did you have to sign for it or even receiving a SSN did you have to sign for that to receive one or did someone else do it for you?

This election form I recently got confirmation on, did not sign that one either, just printed the name.

Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    As David has found out for himself as well you can acknowledge the obligation of the United States Treasury by simply signing " Lawful Money ",
    What do you mean when you say "found out for himself"? What is the proof that David accomplished what he intended to by signing "Lawful Money"? A signature can be anything. It doesn't have to bear any resemblance to a person's legal name at all. I could sign everything with "XOXOXO" if I wanted to. I don't get the impression that someone signing with the phrase "lawful money" would constitute a demand of any kind. Perhaps I am missing an important piece of information that would help me understand.

Point of interest - Most businesses who stamp their checks for deposit do not sign them. The stamp contains no signature:

"For Deposit Only"
    [Bank name]
    [Account number]

What do you mean when you say "found out for himself"? What is the proof that David accomplished what he intended to by signing "Lawful Money"? A signature can be anything. It doesn't have to bear any resemblance to a person's legal name at all. I could sign everything with "XOXOXO" if I wanted to. I don't get the impression that someone signing with the phrase "lawful money" would constitute a demand of any kind. Perhaps I am missing an important piece of information that would help me understand.
    Check out the last line of post #5 in this same thread. Might be helpful to take some notes as your reading through these posts or create folders in your bookmarks for the different subjects.