Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
You can make your demand. Because they are paying you some interest on your funds though, there may be some balking on their end. You seem more concerned about repurcussions than anything.

Sorry I don't know more about brokerage firms. I would make my demand for lawful money and sign that, rather than endorse private credit from the Fed. But then, until you came along I felt that I am pretty good at explaining this.
OK, I understand.

I also have checks from the brokerage firm that I can write which I could cash at a bank if I decide not to try to apply the redemption of lawful money remedy to the brokerage firm.

The brokerage firm could also send me checks which I could cash at a bank if I decide not to try to apply the redemption of lawful money remedy to the brokerage firm.

Yes, I am concerned about potential repercussions -- I had determined that I do not owe taxes on the money that I have received -- I have also arranged things so that the money I have is relatively untraceable, and I don't want to compromise that.

You had advised me not to make a demand to the brokerage firm and now you state that I can make a demand -- I grant that this is an unusually complex situation, but I would prefer a bit more certainty before I go ahead.

I'm sure that you are pretty good at explaining this to a select group of people, but there is always room for improvement.

Perhaps if you and others were better at explaining it, the Fed and the IRS would now be out of business.