Quote Originally Posted by martin earl View Post
Mine in blue. The question is not "is lawful money taxable?" Because Rickman proves it can be, the question is: "Who has the obligation to pay the Tax if I am not endorsing it?" Again, the only answer is the original issuer of the debt/lawful money, per 12-USC 411 FR "notes shall be obligations of the United States...".

Nothing is actually "paid" by the use of lawful money, unless and until the US Treasury hands out GOLD coins, at face value, to the issuer of the notes. The key is to understand that obligation rests only on the US Treasury, once you demand redemption of lawful money, if it is not paid, it is not your problem, since you demanded they do their job as trustees of public gold in the amount of 3OO million 'dollars'.
Thank you for this, Martin.

I don't see "US Treasury note" on the $5 or $20 bill. Does the fact that there is a U.S. Treasury seal and the signature of the Secretary of the Treasury make it a U.S. Treasury note?

And are you saying that if I endorses a check, I am obligated to pay that amount of debt?

I don't see how paper fiat currency would become lawful money via endorsement -- I thought the idea is to demand redemption in lawful money.