I have a felony warrant in one state (6 or 7 years old). I moved to a neighboring state thinking I'd be safe. Nope. Not safe. It's an extradition warrant and it's assigned to the city in which I work.

The charge is Felony Evidence Tampering. I did not harm anyone or their property. It was a case of mistaken identity on the part of an off-duty police officer and he gave me this charge to cover his own ass.

I've spoken with several lawyers about this thing and they all agree that the charges are baseless and the case is a slam dunk. I have my own evidence that refutes the officers charge of evidence tampering. They also all agree that I will have to turn myself in and do 'some' time in jail while awaiting trial (no bond warrant). This is unnacceptable to me as I have a family to support and a great job that I don't want to lose.

I was told that the first thing to do would be to remove myself from their jurisdiction via affidavit. Not exactly sure what that means or how to go about doing it.

I wish I had gotten on to this years ago, but I didn't. I realize I will need to educate myself and I am a quick study, but without help.....I'm lost in a wilderness of legal terms.

Please Help! I'll pay it forward at the very least.