Thread: endorsing and SS.......a big question!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    This is more of an expansion on (post #202)... if an instrument is payable to order, it cannot be paid until the order is affixed. A mere signature of the payee without any extra writing is akin to writing "Pay to bearer". You might do well to look study negotiability of promissory notes and ancient "Statutes of Anne". There are likely a few treatises which reference such. "Pay to" vs "Pay to the order of".... assignment vs. negotiation. Negotiation is merely a convenient way of assigning title however it may open doors for the Law Merchant to apply whereas "Pay to" might not invoke the Lex Mercatoria.

[ Post #202 > http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...ull=1#post5649 ]
    We evolve in our thinking.

This poem is difficult to read through because of the distracting doodles, but it has some interesting themes.

I have put this to memory and when I recite it to The Science of Mind crowd, they are quite impressed. The line about 'being the first to walk on land' goes over well I suspect because we love the idea of the Christ Mind and that performing miracles through metaphysics, mastery of the natural law, is available to us too. That is indeed the stuff that the kingdom of heaven is made of. However it has a dual meaning to me. The other meaning has been in me for many years now as I lead people to notify the admiralty that they are courts of competent jurisdiction (courts of record) and therefore are capable of keeping their feet dry.

That is and always has been the purpose of the 1789 'saving to suitors' clause.

Regards,

David Merrill.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 12-08-11 at 08:10 AM.