Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: endorsing and SS.......a big question!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mannity View Post
    Are you saying the entire CtC movement is 'dead'? What about those who are sole proprietors/self-employed who simply rebut 1099's and don't really have any problem with the IRS? It seems the CtC 'approach' gets 'thwarted' in the attempt to recover monies withheld by an "employer".
    No. I am not saying that it is dead. Who am I to say that? And I am not suggesting that we not rebut those forms. I just see that the one who taught us how to do it isn't winning the argument. I don't know how that is going to turn out. I know that I am not winning the argument and I am not nearly as knowledgeable as he is. I do agree with you that the "employer" issue is the crux of the problem. But, I receive both W2 and 1099 from same source. Rebutting one without the other doesn't fly. I get the resistance with both. No matter what.

The Galveston plan.

There is a whole lot of misinformation re: the SSTF. It lives! In a hearing yesterday the Chief Actuary, Mr Goss, explained that every check is issued from the trust fund.

What Happened to the $2.6 Trillion Social Security Trust Fund? You have to read the comments.

What happens is the FICA revenues come in and are placed into the SSTF account. SSA authorizes the monthly payments and Treasury writes check every Wednesday. Aug 3 is the 1st Wed.

What treasury does is redeem the SSTF special treasuries (convert them from intra-governmental to publcly owned). There is no change in the debt/debt ceiling as it was first calculated when received and placed into the trust fund.

During periods when there are monthly surpluses, that surplus is transferred to the Genera Fund. That?s is the way nearly every TF works, and for SS it was written into the original bill. Since 1935-7 it has operated this way with some minor differences.

Now, when there are SS deficits, Treasury just redeems the correct amount of SSTF bonds to cover the difference. That?s the way it was designed to work! http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillm...-trust-fund/2/

The Galveston plan, which I wrote about a few months ago here, is also a very good option. http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillm...d-prospered/2/

Newbie Here

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am enjoying reading the posts. Concerning "lawful money" as a remedy, does anyone know how to fit this into "certain obligations of the United States" concerning purchases if you do not have much "lawful money"? The following code seems to be a remedy, but not sure. Any thoughts?

12 U.S.C. ? 347c : US Code - Section 347C: Advances to individuals, partnerships, and corporations; security; interest rate

Subject to such limitations, restrictions, and regulations as the
    Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System may prescribe, any
    Federal reserve bank may make advances to any individual,
    partnership, or corporation on the promissory notes of such
    individual, partnership, or corporation secured by direct
    obligations of the United States or by any obligation which is a
    direct obligation of, or fully guaranteed as to principal and
    interest by any agency of the United States. Such advances shall be
    made for periods not exceeding 90 days and shall bear interest at
    rates fixed from time to time by the Federal reserve bank, subject
    to the review and determination of the Board of Governors of the
    Federal Reserve System.

Thanks,
    Micha

Quote Originally Posted by outlierquest View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am enjoying reading the posts. Concerning "lawful money" as a remedy, does anyone know how to fit this into "certain obligations of the United States" concerning purchases if you do not have much "lawful money"? The following code seems to be a remedy, but not sure. Any thoughts?

12 U.S.C. ? 347c : US Code - Section 347C: Advances to individuals, partnerships, and corporations; security; interest rate

Subject to such limitations, restrictions, and regulations as the
    Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System may prescribe, any
    Federal reserve bank may make advances to any individual,
    partnership, or corporation on the promissory notes of such
    individual, partnership, or corporation secured by direct
    obligations of the United States or by any obligation which is a
    direct obligation of, or fully guaranteed as to principal and
    interest by any agency of the United States. Such advances shall be
    made for periods not exceeding 90 days and shall bear interest at
    rates fixed from time to time by the Federal reserve bank, subject
    to the review and determination of the Board of Governors of the
    Federal Reserve System.

Thanks,
    Micha
    I am not familiar with it. However it looks like a little-used provision due to FDIC.

Goldi
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
    The irs has sent a memo for all exempt W4's to withhold at 30%. You may find yourself in the irs crosshairs when they review the data (W3) authorized by the W4 and see that you are indeed accumulating income but haven't had deductions withheld.
    I bring this up because the W4 is giving the employer permission to treat your earnings as "wages" and as "wages" income tax liabilities incur at 26USC 3101 and 26USC 3402. Exempt or not this "exempt" status is not by any means telling the irs you cant be touched.
    The smart individual would do up an affidavit - Pursuant to 5 USC 552 I do not give {your employer} permission to disclose any of my private financial information to any 3rd parties. Get it notarized, copied and send it to the payroll department of your company.

Take that paper to court and have the judge enforce it.

Bossing around payroll and personnel might easily backfire time for the next layoffs.