It might be wiser to consider the SSA is the source for the Taxpayer ID #. Then it does not matter any more about benefits, it is a matter of identifying you, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxd2death View Post
Okay,

Real NEWBIE here. I come too from the CTC club of "I'm not involved in any Privileged Activity, so give me back my money". Filed that way.. didn't work.. Paying penalties. I am thankful to CTC for at least opening my eyes to something being terribly wrong with my earnings belonging to some bureaucratic black hole and watching my freedom and liberty disappear into the abyss, if you will.

But, I have some real questions and I don't want to take up too much time:

This has been the most interesting thread I have read yet. But, I don't care who is trolling and who is real. Or what your real name is. I have learned something from each of you. I get Mr. Merrill's point about changing the CAPACITY and purpose of the money we exchange. I am still not totally sure of it all because I am still learning.

What is interesting though, is what Jesse James has been saying and whether you give it credence or not really doesn't matter to me. My question is, if we have all fallen under some benefit of Social Security, and because that creates "wages", and there apparently is an option to not wish to participate in it, then does the SSA provide the tools with which to opt out of it? Can an FbO Statement be filed with the SSA? And do they have to accept it? It just seems to me that it would then fall on the SSA to notify and "employer" that withholding of that particular tax would no longer be necessary. And what about all the money you have already paid in. What happens to that?

Just searching. And thank you all for whatever input you have. The bickering really is distracting. And thank you for letting me be a part of it. Blessings to you all!