Thread: Improper Seal from a professional clerk!

Improper Seal from a professional clerk!

This happens so often that I am convinced it is a culpability dodge. If the mailed material is improperly sealed you cannot prove that what is in it is what was sent.

Improper Seal Return.

stoneFree
    Questionable/improper seal, yes. I've seen more of this envelope taping too but not convinced it's a dodge. I know a medical office that mails letters like this. Perhaps the ladies consider the traditional method unsanitary, or maybe they don't like to lick? That's easily overcome with one of those wet sponge thingamajigs. Or, with a peel & stick envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    Questionable/improper seal, yes. I've seen more of this envelope taping too but not convinced it's a dodge. I know a medical office that mails letters like this. Perhaps the ladies consider the traditional method unsanitary, or maybe they don't like to lick? That's easily overcome with one of those wet sponge thingamajigs. Or, with a peel & stick envelope.
    The culpability dodge theory of mine is applied specifically to professional federal clerks of court mailing court process. Additionally I am intelligence nexus in a brain trust of suitors who have mastered rules of evidence so they tend to call me and report about this happening all over America.

No doubt a culpability dodge. One way to deal with that is to certify the contents of what was received and send it back to them. Ya know..like a Certificate of Service but in reverse--a Certificate of Receipt. Correct anything that is off and let them know that you corrected it *for* them--and that as it stands with corrections that is what you are in receipt of. Give them 15 days to kvetch or make any statements or protests known. After that, file your stuffs with the recorder or in a LoR Jacket or w/e along with a document making it clear that you have made corrections for {CLERK} with her consent and that you have given him/her 15 days to reply. Something along those lines.

Its gotten to the point that I've started creating Activity Diagrams / Flow Charts or the like for handling process. To the readers: perhaps your mailbox and your box of bills is a court of record or at least evidence per the Federal Rules of Evidence or other applicable Rules of Evidence?
    Last edited by allodial; 11-24-11 at 09:33 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    No doubt a culpability dodge. One way to deal with that is to certify the contents of what was received and send it back to them. Ya know..like a Certificate of Service but in reverse--a Certificate of Receipt. Correct anything that is off and let them know that you corrected it *for* them--and that as it stands with corrections that is what you are in receipt of. Give them 15 days to kvetch or make any statements or protests known. After that, file your stuffs with the recorder or in a LoR Jacket or w/e along with a document making it clear that you have made corrections for {CLERK} with her consent and that you have given him/her 15 days to reply. Something along those lines.

Its gotten to the point that I've started creating Activity Diagrams / Flow Charts or the like for handling process. To the readers: perhaps your mailbox and your box of bills is a court of record or at least evidence per the Federal Rules of Evidence or other applicable Rules of Evidence?
    What does a Certificate of Receipt look like?
    Do you make your own?

When I send a SASE to the USDC for the purpose of getting my stamped copy of documents returned to me, I make sure it's the peel-off/self-adhesive type. They almost always don't use that feature though, instead leaving the peel-off strip attached and closing the envelope with clear tape.

I recently had one returned to me that was torn, taped up, and my document copy was not even stamped, even though it had been docketed and filed into my case file, according to PACER.
    On PACER I could also see that it lacked the electronic filing markings across the bottom of the pages.

I wonder what they hope to achieve by their sloppy actions?
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

For you non-suitors LoR is for Libel of Review. Thanks Allodial!

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    What does a Certificate of Receipt look like? Do you make your own?
    You'd make it yourself. Just consider what a Certificate of Service is and instead of having attached what you served you have attached copies or even copies of what you are in receipt of (with or without corrections ). You could also fill add a Certificate of Service for serving the Certificate of Receipt on them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I wonder what they hope to achieve by their sloppy actions?
    You dangling from a hook.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

This seems to be about the only stamp aside from the Redeeming Lawful Money stamps, that is used very often.