Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summons for jury duty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Summons for jury duty

Name:  img053.jpg
Views: 5894
Size:  103.1 KB

I mailed this back to the clerk yesterday. I was torn between trying to get on a jury and have some court fun but then saw it as an opportunity to solicit a response.

Do any of you think they will even respond?

Quote Originally Posted by osbogosley View Post
    I mailed this back to the clerk yesterday. I was torn between trying to get on a jury and have some court fun but then saw it as an opportunity to solicit a response.

Do any of you think they will even respond?
    A summons to jury is pretty serious. Failure to show could result in a warrant for your arrest.
    I would show up to clear up any confusion directly with the clerk or whoever is the administrative official.

Besides, you can get out of jury duty pretty easily if you wanted to.
    Start talking about jury nullification. See how quickly they'll work to get you out.
    My dad affirmed rather than swore the oath. He was dismissed.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 11-24-11 at 11:23 AM.

I always just throw them in the circular file and have had no problems thus far. I think they have better things to do than arrest people for not showing up for jury duty. I doubt they will respond. fB

What state is "this state"? My intent is to give them the opportunity to tell me if they think I am a citizen of "this state".
    No response is agreement. So I build a record.
    I sent one back last yr. asking what good I could be of, on a military tribunal, as a peaceful civilian. Got no response.

I think this is a great opportunity to build a Record " not within this state "

Yes Yagyuu kouyuu. . . . the mystery of "this State". What State?

I have not taken the time to check all of the so-called " states' " Revised statutes, but I have checked New Jersey's and find it to be a sham. Could any of us possibly be surprised ?

Here is the NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES definition of the word "State" State: The word "State" extends to and includes any State, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia and the Canal Zone. There it is folks, the New Jersey Legislature's own definition of the word upon which they rely to make each of their statutes applicable to some well defined particular State. Laurel and Hardy were more sussinct in their "Who's on First" skit.
    It is a joke. . . . a very sick one. . . . but still a joke. And who better to develop and define a joke but a bunch of jokers ? I think I recall correctly that it was New York's Revised Statutes which were the initial model of perfection for writing government policy as if law and ramming it down the people's throats. Some New Your clown set the standard for post bankruptcy statute construction and New Jersey copied it for application in the then extended "this State". Extended from so called New York "this State" to New Jersey "this Satate".

Ha !, "extends to and includes". . . what a bunch of nonsense ! Extends from what ? any State. . . . this is either any State; as also including every State worldwide, or it is limited to States of a character common to the character of territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia and Canal Zone. If that is so, then why is not the body of statutes named " STATE, TERRITORY OR POSSESSION OF THE UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND THE CANAL ZONE PERMANENT STATUTES" ???? Really now, let's face it. . .. there is no damned New Jersey because there is no de jure government and precious few who even attempt to act in the capacity of a constitutent of the de jure state. We are living in a time when all of government is a farce, a self serving paracite on the rump of Boobus americanus, the TAXPAYER.

Can anyone show me where New Jersey is found in that definition ? I suspect I am too ignorant to find it, having been processed through the gubbmit school system circa 1964-1979. Yeah, it took me a little longer than most. I'm not quite as mushy and pliable as most.

Also, the only appearance of the name "New Jersey" within the NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES is when a title of a law is given or some organization is indicated. Here is one passage which is rife with the typical applications of the name "New Jersey".
    1:1-5.1. Citation of, pleading or otherwise referring to legislation contained in Revised Statutes or New Jersey Statutes
    The legislation contained within any title, subtitle, part, chapter, article, section or group of sections of these Revised Statutes or of the New Jersey Statutes may be cited, pleaded or otherwise referred to by reference to such title, subtitle, part, chapter, article, section or group of sections of the "Revised Statutes" or the "New Jersey Statutes" containing such legislation, as the case may be; and the use of the words "Revised Statutes" or "New Jersey Statutes" shall have the same effect as if the legislative title, under which these Revised Statutes or the New Jersey Statutes were adopted and the approval date thereof had been used.

Nowhere in that passage or the balance of the NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES is the name "New Jersey" used where one would expect it to be used, and all of those particular expected places are occupied by the phrase "this State". Again, I am compelled to ask, what State ?

I have a sick suspicion that the "this State" of NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES is the very same State as the "this State" indicated in all of the other PERMANENT STATUTES which pose as if they are the independent bodies of law of the 50 several states of the Union. For the purposs of the NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES, "State" is defined only as a federal zone potential, a hypothecation of stateliness, whether on the east coast, west coast or in the breadbasket. Phony States, phony laws, phony money and phony governments. The only thing that gives them the force of law is the lead in their goon's guns. I don't live in "this State" and sure as beans am not a citizen of it.

Unbelievably crafty, sneaky S.O.B.s those statute writers are. There's plenty of folks out there who need a good remedial whipping.

Thanks for your sharing and scientific approach. I love it when time will tell. My guess is that they will write you a letter telling you that you have to appear.

I have coached several people through this action. You tell the truth. Do not swear to be a resident unless you are one. Do you "reside" where your domicile is located?

Is it your abode or your residence?

So do not swear to anything that is false. "The peculiar uses of this word are to be noticed." Take note of Daniel WEBSTER; he was a pretty smart cracker.

That is not all though. This is just a matter of swearing. Affirming instead of swearing is just the same thing but you would be depending on the judge's oath of office, that he has sworn. You defer the authority in his sworn oath to punish you for perjury anyway, just that you do not like to use God's name that way; to swear.

If you do not like the idea that you might get into trouble refuse to swear or affirm.

"As I understand it, if I swear or affirm then you might be able to punish me for perjury."

The judge will likely let you go.

On the form you have provided us, the fact that you have received it in the mail at your residential address is a pretty firm indication that you have plead the resident scam either with the electorate or with a driver license. It is a residential driver license bearing your confession that you are a resident. So with all that said, the judge will likely dismiss you rather than risk your patriot antics will call for a retrial.

It may not work that way at all though. If you start talking jury nullification the judge may demand you be on the panel but be looking for the opportunity to hold you for a few hours and bag lunch on contempt. If you know about jury nullification, be very serious about this right and the law. Save it for deliberation and do not share it with the other jurors. If you spot a flaw in the law or how it is being applied though, call the judge on it quietly and in secret. Tell the bailiff you need to speak to the judge alone.

The judge may be upset after all his admonitions about you are to remain ignorant and he is trying the law alone from the bench. But if you believe that the jury panel has that right, then like I say, be serious and ernest about your application of jury nullification. If you decide you are going to disrupt a trial with it, then you might find yourself in a concrete box for 28 days. No process, no hearings - contempt of court.

Myself, I checked the statutes before reporting and found that I was only obligated to show up. I was not obligated to give any information. You are only bound to the statutes listed on the Notice. It looks like you will have to show us the back for me to look that up for you.

I gave them no more information than they already had on the initial Sign-in Form. They complained but I just said it was private. They sent me into the courtroom and then passed out an additional questionaire, same thing. The defense attorney had an At Bar discussion but you could hear across the silent courtroom, Mr. Van Pelt will not fill out the questionaire. The judge asked her, Do you want me to ask him about that?

She declined and I was selected for a three-day assault trial. I was selected to be the Foreman and we acquitted the fellow for lack of evidence; reasonable doubt. Some interesting things evolved around common law and jury nullification though. There was a former cop on the panel who disclosed to me about jury nullification - I had not heard about it. But mainly that the initial judge was pulled and a retired judge from out of the district was put in for the trial. The trial judge never said anything about him being the sole authority of the law. Whereas the initial judge was of that form during jury selection.

I think my presence and performance actually converted the courtroom trial to a common law rendition of justice.

Adding to that entry If home is in Heaven, technically within the confines of our skin and as we are sojourners upon this earth, a gift given that we will give to future generations how can we do anything else but camp while we are here?

Phil 3:20 " For our conversation is in heaven "

Camp; A collection of tents, huts, etc., for shelter, commonly arranged in an orderly manner.
    - Websters 1828 dictionary

PERSONA NON GRATA

Jude, Chapter 1
    Last edited by motla68; 11-24-11 at 08:16 PM.
    "You have to understand Neo, most of these people are not ready to
    be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

~ Morpheus / The Matrix movie trilogy.

Name:  img054.jpg
Views: 2136
Size:  101.9 KB

Is there any other way to become a citizen other than to volunteer? If you act like one than you might be.

When the census came it was addressed, To resident at. I gave it back and then the mailman wrote occupant instead. I gave it back again. To be on their jury you have to be both a resident and a citizen. It does say you don't have to show up if you are not qualified.

I don't have an occupation or an employer as I do not dabble in commerce. If being born can cause one to be a citizen, then the state I might be a citizen of is not Texas.

I'm offering them the chance to clear up just when they think I became a citizen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Notice that you must be a citizen of this state, but the questionaire ask if you are a citizen of the U.S.