Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

I Was a Dancer, Jacques d'Amboise

Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope, Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly with Jeffrey Zaslow

Finished reading

Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs, Levi Johnston

It was worth the purchase and read. Even though it took time to consider it. Have to say that I believe Levi’s side of the story and I’m starting to like him. Not Bristol and Sarah’s side of the story like I did before I this. Starting to not like both of them.

Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, Bristol Palin and Nancy French

Again, it was definitely worth the purchase and read.

This is taken from another thread and/response that I have done regarding Bristol's mother and Tripp's grandmother.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

She should just go back to her husband and kids. Instead being in the spotlight. Do feel sorry for her kids and the rest of family and everyone whom is associated with her. Because politics have truly ruined her and her husband for sure. Yeah I could be wrong about this.

Finished reading these few books a few mo back.

The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents.: One Unconventional Detour Around the World, Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner. It was worth the read. Especially, returning the hardcover because found it was little worn. Had to wait until the paperback was released to read it.

Mountain of Crumbs: A Memoir, Elena Gorokhova a week ago. It was worth read. Especially, since found I learned more about the former Soviet Union then what I already knew about before reading your memoir. Can't wait to read more of Ms Gorokhova's life and/or her mothers life now.

A Father's Love: One Man's Unrelenting Battle to Bring His Abducted Son Home
    , David Goldman. WOW what a memoir this was and thank you, Mr. Goldman for writing about your ordeal to get Sean back home.

Hello Student of Life
    Welcome to the forum.

I have never read or heard of any of the books you mentioned, but I do like to read.

Here are some books which I have enjoyed:

The Desire Of Ages

The Great Controversy

Steps to Christ

National Sunday Law

The Cure For All Diseases

You can read all of them online if you like. Enjoy

Bright blessings
    RedAdmin

stoneFree
    ARE YOU LOST AT C? -undisclosed

BANKS LEND MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE! -Rip Van Eric Holder

Close Your Business Saturday & Reopen Monday With No Federal Connection -Harvester

DECEPTICON: My Life As a Bankster Minion -Famspear

Euros, FRNs, and Other Fictional Currencies -Quatloser

Glad I Ain't Paying For That Sh*t : How To Read the News -JohnBoy

Gold & Economic Freedom -Alan Greenspan 1966

Identity, Lawful Money, & Record Forming -Planet Merrill

If It Doesn't Tink It Isn't Lawful -SilverStacker

Pieces of Eight : The Monetary Powers & Disabilities of the United States Constitution -Edwin Vieira 2002

Taxes? We Don't Pay No Stinkin' Taxes. -Suitor

Traveling Vertical -Former Driver

The Usufruct Cookbook -Original Estate

Wishes & Rainbows -2007 edition
    Last edited by stoneFree; 11-29-11 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
    Has anyone read The Pirates of Manhattan?
    Nope. Sounds interesting.
    What genre would you describe it as?
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    ARE YOU LOST AT C? -undisclosed

BANKS LEND MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE! -Rip Van Eric Holder

Close Your Business Saturday & Reopen Monday With No Federal Connection -Harvester

DECEPTICON: My Life As a Bankster Minion -Famspear

Euros, FRNs, and Other Fictional Currencies -Quatloser

Glad I Ain't Paying For That Sh*t : How To Read the News -JohnBoy

Gold & Economic Freedom -Alan Greenspan 1966

Identity, Lawful Money, & Record Forming -Planet Merrill

If It Doesn't Tink It Isn't Lawful -SilverStacker

Pieces of Eight : The Monetary Powers & Disabilities of the United States Constitution -Edwin Vieira 2002

Taxes? We Don't Pay No Stinkin' Taxes. -Suitor

Traveling Vertical -Former Driver

The Usufruct Cookbook -Original Estate

Wishes & Rainbows -2007 edition
    All that reading is not what is going to effect change in society, real people aren't angels: we're always going to have some degree of mixed motivation. So it's all a matter of degree. But the less we obsess over our own (real or apparent) "virtue", and the more we attend to real needs and opportunities out there in the world, the better. And that means doing what we can to promote a "culture of giving", making it easier for people to act on their philanthropic values.
    This weekend we went to the park and we shared a big bag of bird seed with all the young children so they all could feed ducks and geese letting them know how more healthier it is then white bread, it does not take much to start somewhere.

Most people do not like to admit it and will outright refuse the idea, but most people live in a monkey see, monkey do society.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” -- Mahatma Gandhi
    "You have to understand Neo, most of these people are not ready to
    be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

~ Morpheus / The Matrix movie trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
    Has anyone read The Pirates of Manhattan?
    That sounds like George LIPPARD's New York; The Upper Ten and the Lower Million.

A synopsis of The Pirate of Manhattan is found here.

The book's author, Barry James DYKE, can be found on youtube.

A debate between DYKE and Dave RAMSEY would be interesting.

This might be a worthwhile read for most anyone one. It reads like a good wakeup call for getting your life in order.

http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Retre.../dp/0873642759
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Student of Life View Post
    As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

I Was a Dancer, Jacques d'Amboise

Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope, Gabrielle Giffords and Mark Kelly with Jeffrey Zaslow

Finished reading

Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs, Levi Johnston

It was worth the purchase and read. Even though it took time to consider it. Have to say that I believe Levi’s side of the story and I’m starting to like him. Not Bristol and Sarah’s side of the story like I did before I this. Starting to not like both of them.

Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, Bristol Palin and Nancy French

Again, it was definitely worth the purchase and read.

This is taken from another thread and/response that I have done regarding Bristol's mother and Tripp's grandmother.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

She should just go back to her husband and kids. Instead being in the spotlight. Do feel sorry for her kids and the rest of family and everyone whom is associated with her. Because politics have truly ruined her and her husband for sure. Yeah I could be wrong about this.

Finished reading these few books a few mo back.

The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents.: One Unconventional Detour Around the World, Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner. It was worth the read. Especially, returning the hardcover because found it was little worn. Had to wait until the paperback was released to read it.

Mountain of Crumbs: A Memoir, Elena Gorokhova a week ago. It was worth read. Especially, since found I learned more about the former Soviet Union then what I already knew about before reading your memoir. Can't wait to read more of Ms Gorokhova's life and/or her mothers life now.

A Father's Love: One Man's Unrelenting Battle to Bring His Abducted Son Home
    , David Goldman. WOW what a memoir this was and thank you, Mr. Goldman for writing about your ordeal to get Sean back home.
    Your name is Jessica? You have to read this> http://www.bornagainclassics.com/let...a/jessica.html

Make sure to read "the lessons'' also.