Thread: Remedy and the Uniform Commercial Code

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Remedy and the Uniform Commercial Code

While knowing about the UCC can be very helpful, I would fancy it to be quite truthful that there is not necessarily remedy to be found in the UCC. This is not to say that the UCC does not have some road signs or stealthy arrows pointing toward remedy. However, for edification this thread has been started to allow some who are yet to be weaned off of purely I-saw-it-on-the-Internet-school-of-legal-theory by way of seeing some insightful scans from actual law books that you can probably feel and hold in your very own hands if you choose to.

Name:  ABCS_OF_THE_UCC_ART_3N4_1_of_3.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  48.0 KB
    Name:  ABCS_OF_THE_UCC_ART_3N4_2_of_3.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  37.0 KB
    Name:  ABCS_OF_THE_UCC_ART_3N4_3_of_3.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  42.8 KB

The above is from a book titled "ABCs of the UCC: Articles 3 and 4". The ABCs of the UCC are very informative and easy-to-read books for most any level of competence IMHO. One might do well to pay particular attention to:

...the Code, even on its own terms, does not purport to contain all the law there is on a particular subject; the Code may be uniform, but it is not comprehensive. The Code invites us to consult non-Code law to "fill in the gaps" in its coverage.
    If you want some free boil-down: the Code is useless and/or just a bunch of jabber apart from contract law, constitutional law or other relevant law--at least that is how I might in some ways view it. The Code is like "in medea res".
    Last edited by allodial; 12-02-11 at 12:11 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.