Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Minute Timeouts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

5 Minute Timeouts?

I don't know if it's just me , but for some reason my login keeps timing out after like 5 minutes.

Kind of annoying when I'm writing a long post or something, by the time I hit "submit" I have to log in again.

I've got cookies enabled and all scripts are allowed so there is no reason for this. it should be in the forum settings.

Thanks,

Tom

I have experienced that after about an hour with other websites. That has not happened to me here and I was enjoying that after a long session of writing yesterday morning. I Copy the post just before submitting it just in case. I am sorry because I know how infuriating it is to lose your work that way.

I suggest Admin might check into it and we will see if anybody else is having that problem. Maybe if Admin deletes your Registration and you Register again?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I don't know if it's just me , but for some reason my login keeps timing out after like 5 minutes.

Kind of annoying when I'm writing a long post or something, by the time I hit "submit" I have to log in again.

I've got cookies enabled and all scripts are allowed so there is no reason for this. it should be in the forum settings.

Thanks,

Tom
    The timeout was set to 15 minutes. I've increased it to two hours. Let me know whether or not this solves your problem.

If you have spent over two hours on a post you will quickly learn, even without my advisement to Copy it to virtual memory before pressing Save to submit it. Even if your logout has occured though, you can often hit the back arrow and recover the text of the post. Sometimes not though. If you have it in the buffer you can login and post it easily.

Yeah, well it's not just that, sometimes I can spend a couple hours just reading through new posts. Between interruptions at home, or looking up information someone posted about, or following links people post. By the time I get where I'm ready to reply to someone, I'm not logged in anymore.

It's just annoying.

Thank you admin.

Please let me know if two hours is good for you - if not, I'll increase. If my memory serves me, SJC had no timeout at all!

Thanks admin. Yeah, no timeouts are great, but I realize there are security concerns. So far the 2 hours seems okay, but all day would be nice.

Sessions timing out are why I typically edit a longer post in an off-site text editor, and then copy/paste the body into the BBS editor just before I post it.

Lypeextenly

Trying To Get Free Energy

Maybe you have ever heard about that new Tesla Secret product?

One can find scenarios that you can acquire
    totally free electricity with the aid of this specific Tesla Secret thing using convenient blueprints and creating a electrical generator for just a few dollars.

I not really know if it's genuine or not, but listed here is a web-site which is likely to demonstrate considerably better : tesla secret website

Quote Originally Posted by Lypeextenly View Post
    Maybe you have ever heard about that new Tesla Secret product?

One can find scenarios that you can acquire
    totally free electricity with the aid of this specific Tesla Secret thing using convenient blueprints and creating a electrical generator for just a few dollars.

I not really know if it's genuine or not, but listed here is a web-site which is likely to demonstrate considerably better : tesla secret website

Welcome to 'Saving to Suitors' Club! I have moved your quoted Post over to http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...-Tesla-Secrets. I hope you don't mind but it does not seem to fit in well here.