Thread: Many remedies, maybe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    That gives me pause.
    Hit me with what you got, David

If you like, I can go mining for treatises on legal personality which, of course, has its roots in Roman Civil Law jurisprudence.

Speaking of which, I should create a thread titled 'legal personality'. Some may find it edifying.

I seem to remember from somewhere that the giving of the name creates the person and by consequence the legal personality which is why enforcement officers are big on you identifying yourself to them.

If it is a constructive trust, are the officer or the courts the trustee?

Or is it a fiduciary relationship with the person as the fiduciary and the enforcement officer as the principal with courts tending to side more often than not with the principal given the fiduciary has a greater duty to the principal than vice versa ?

Fiduciary is short for 'fiduciary agent'. The ol' principal-agent relationship.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 01-10-12 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Hit me with what you got, David

If you like, I can go mining for treatises on legal personality which, of course, has its roots in Roman Civil Law jurisprudence.

Speaking of which, I should create a thread titled 'legal personality'. Some may find it edifying.

I seem to remember from somewhere that the giving of the name creates the person and by consequence the legal personality which is why enforcement officers are big on you identifying yourself to them.

If it is a constructive trust, are the officer or the courts the trustee?

Or is it a fiduciary relationship with the person as the fiduciary and the enforcement officer as the principal with courts tending to side more often than not with the principal given the fiduciary has a greater duty to the principal than vice versa ?

Fiduciary is short for 'fiduciary agent'. The ol' principal-agent relationship.

This is from a book about the Name of God. Attorneys are your officers of the court.