Thread: The right of discovery

The right of discovery

Very good treatise here.

The Right of Discovery

As soon as I find a decent treatise on the right of conquest, I'll post.

Conquest or "discovery" (which is only a variant of conquest) is the basis of title to lands for the sovereign.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 01-25-12 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Very good treatise here.

The Right of Discovery

As soon as I find a decent treatise on the right of conquest, I'll post.

Conquest or "discovery" (which is only a variant of conquest) is the basis of title to lands for the sovereign.
    i like it, i like it alot
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    i like it, i like it alot
    The closest I get to some sort of treatise on the right of conquest is Thomas Hobbes' Leviathan.
    If I can't find anything that better fits the bill, I'll post it.

Radical title is maintained by conquest and dominion.

I finally found something good concerning the right of conquest:

Hugo Grotius in On the Law of War and Peace, Chapter 8

I'll keep mining. Treatises seem to be sparse on the right of conquest.

Anthony Joseph
    Very interesting treatise and book by James Franklin Montgomery:

http://www.civil-liberties.com/books/ - Click on AMERICAN LAND OWNERSHIP, A TRUE OXYMORON under “Additional Reading”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2yx...eature=related – You tube narration of above link

http://www.civil-liberties.com/books/ - Click on “The United States is still a British Colony” Part I

http://loveforlife.com.au/content/08...-why-not-claim

Standing upon the Land
    by John Joseph, Randy Lee, and Richard Anthony

For those that have never been able to possess a piece of land due to the restraints of the natural man's commercial world order, and have been led thereby to believe that the Lord does not provide for His children at all times, we offer the following revelations to those children who are in the world but not of it, and therefore will not be seeking to make merchandise of our loving Father's Creation and Providence.

The alternative to purchasing a "title" or "deed" to land and paying a yearly rent to Caesar (taxes) because of the commercial status thereof, is to "stand upon the land." The more specific phrase to use is "standing upon land that's sitting in waste," and your purpose is to be a caretaker of it and to cultivate it, as mandated in Holy Scripture. If you are moved by the Holy Spirit to proceed in this manner, it is extremely important that you make it clear to others that you are not standing upon the land to acquire title, deed, or ownership to it—for the land belongs to God, and He commanded that it not be sold forever:

Leviticus 25:23, "The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine; for ye are strangers and sojourners with me."

Leviticus 25:34, "But the field of the suburbs of their cities may not be sold; for it is their perpetual possession."

Psalms 24:1, "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein."

1 Corinthians 10:26,28 "For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof."

The law of conquest has been difficult to find because it is actually buried in international law and the law of war.

The law of war or international law will touch on conquest.