Thread: Lawful money per US Code

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
    I thought the 300 million was backed by gold certificates, not coin. Am I mistaken?
    Since at Title 31 USC §5115 it is specified that US notes cannot be used for a reserve currency I am supposing that there must be some actual gold or gold coin, whether or not they sell gold certificates on that fact.

You think on the 1040 the first $3K deductible is in lawful money?
    That is probably the coin deductible found in this article. I produced this video including the 1984 premise that was at $1000.

If an investigation of bank records discloses an excess of $1000 in deposits in a single year, the IRS may accept this as prima facie evidence that the account holder uses private credit and is therefore a person obligated to make a return of income. Anyone who uses private credit -- e.g., bank accounts, credit cards, mortgages, etc. -- voluntarily plugs himself into the system and obligates himself to file. A taxpayer is allowed to claim a $1000 personal deduction when filing his return. The average taxpayer in the course of a year uses United States coins in vending machines, parking meters, small change, etc., and this public money must be deducted when computing the charge for using private credit.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 10-20-14 at 08:13 AM.