Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawful Money and the Bank

Lawful Money and the Bank

Hi Everyone,
    I have started this thread for experiences of getting your bank account set up to do all transactions in lawful money. With that said here is mine.

So on March 4th I go to my bank to get a copy of my agreement. From the get go I am told, "no we don't give copies of that". WOW, really? The woman begins asking me, why do you want this? I reply I have been redeeming lawful money and I want to make sure all of my transactions are handled in Lawful Money. After a long and dragged out confrontation on why she wont give me the agreement, I finally managed to get a blank agreement and a copy of the Client Manual for consumer accounts. (just wanted to note, after saying lawful money several times she admitted she does not know what it was or what the difference was and she would ask her super to talk to me) so I was to meet with the next person in the chain to discuss my concerns. After another 30 min of waiting I left and figured I should read the manual so I can be a little more sure of what I am saying next time.

After reading the manual 2 things I would like to point out. 1. It says on page 8 "You can always request a copy of our current Agreement at any branch. (well Son of a .....) I blew alomost 45 min argue over this and all I had to do was read the book (lesson learned). 2. All withdraws done by check must be written out in U.S. Dollars. Hmmm...now this one made me think. However, I think that is in there so people aren't writing checks in Euros or something like that. Can credit be given in U.S. Dollars? FRN's aren't they are just in dollars.

Next visit will be this week to get my account signing line changed to Demand is made for Lawful Money for all transactions as per 12 USC 411. I will update then.
    Be Well
    Mark Christopher

Way to go, Mark.

We'll all be waiting with bated breath to see what the result is when next you report back. It'll be interesting to see what the bank's official position is on this point.

Okay, let me chip in here.

When you want to get a copy of a document that you KNOW is controversial, the most efficient way I have found is to request it in REGISTERED MAIL.

Just sayin. Cuts down on the "why do you want it," and all that crap.
    1. Know who you are
    2. Know who has the burden of proof
    3. NEVER argue
    4. Document and/or know your remedy

I'll give you legal advice, as long as it's not illegal advice...

I'm sure you think your religion is the only way to heaven, but I just can't buy it right now...

Now there you go, again!

Quote Originally Posted by Metheist View Post
    Okay, let me chip in here.

When you want to get a copy of a document that you KNOW is controversial, the most efficient way I have found is to request it in REGISTERED MAIL.

Just sayin. Cuts down on the "why do you want it," and all that crap.
    Now, there you go again giving really good practical advice. Gee wiz!

It's just like when you reminded me to have a stamper made rather that writing by hand all of my disclaimers.

ok quick update, So I finally go back to Citi to ask for my Agreement, which by their own booklet says I can get a copy of anytime. I get the same woman again who once again tells me No you can't get a copy. I pull out the book and show her where it says that I can. (not please one bit about it) she goes to the files to pull the agreement. After 20 mins or so she comes back and lets me know that they do not have it. She claims it may be misfiled. No problem I have filled out a new agreement and will be taking it in to replace the old one, of course with lawful money verbiage on it. I want all transactions redeemed for lawful money. Will they accept it...stay tuned.

So on March 4th I go to my bank to get a copy of my agreement. From the get go I am told, "no we don't give copies of that". WOW, really? The woman begins asking me, why do you want this?
    The simplest answer would be, Because it is our agreement and it presumably bears my signature.

So one wonders how in the world conditioning about finances has gotten so terrific that one could ever sign such an agreement and then walk out of the bank without a copy? There it was right in the manual! And it still rendered no copy - only your right to request a copy. Well, at least they didn't say, You have no right to request a copy. They just couldn't find it to copy it for you.

I want all transactions redeemed for lawful money. Will they accept it...stay tuned.
    Stay tuned to see if they accept it? - Stay tuned for the next piece of conditioning!

It sounds as though they have already accepted it Mark Christopher. You tendered it, they accepted it - now they have three days or so to Refuse it for Cause (R4C). You have tendered a novation presentment. Remember that they would not produce the copy of the former agreement? Maybe that was because they were afraid you would revoke it; I don't know. But of all the agreements that they keep careful track of because agreements are important, they lose yours?

My suspicion is that they intend to lose your novation and hope you quit coming in asking about agreements. So that the traditional endorsing agreement will stand. My suggestion is that after four or five days you go get a copy of your agreement and get a look. Paint is a good program to sanitize so that we can see too; hint, hint.

Thanks for sharing!

David Merrill.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 03-22-11 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Stay tuned to see if they accept it? - Stay tuned for the next piece of conditioning!
    David very true. I plan on seeing if they have found it yet. I plan today to take a letter to them as an adendum to my file with the lawful money verbiage for all transactions. I will scan what I submit and upload.

Oh BTW thanks Rock I see you did it already. I am inspired to get mine finished now too. Nice thing with the network it pushes one to keep moving forward.

Cheers
    Mark Christopher.

OK I just lost a full page of writing, so I will keep it short. Went into today with the addendum. The bank will not accept any addendum to an account.

Then I said just give me copy of agreement. They have 3 old ones of mine but the most recent is missing. Weird. (After we were friendly to each other the banker told me she thinks what I did with lawful money had something to do with it!)

So the woman who I have been dealing with says to me just fill out a new agreement card. OK i will. But she would not accept the specially as signature. Nor would their legal department without ID (Rock had it right!). Anyway I walked out with ALL transactions happening in Lawful Money!!!! WOOHOO!!

BTW the woman I was dealing with who I was ready to strangle at one point ended up talking for 20 mins on lawful money and other things. She actually is a very nice person. Weird God does work in mysterious ways. Amen

Be well All
    Mark Christopher.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Christopher View Post
    OK I just lost a full page of writing, so I will keep it short. Went into today with the addendum. The bank will not accept any addendum to an account.

Then I said just give me copy of agreement. They have 3 old ones of mine but the most recent is missing. Weird. (After we were friendly to each other the banker told me she thinks what I did with lawful money had something to do with it!)

So the woman who I have been dealing with says to me just fill out a new agreement card. OK i will. But she would not accept the specially as signature. Nor would their legal department without ID (Rock had it right!). Anyway I walked out with ALL transactions happening in Lawful Money!!!! WOOHOO!!

BTW the woman I was dealing with who I was ready to strangle at one point ended up talking for 20 mins on lawful money and other things. She actually is a very nice person. Weird God does work in mysterious ways. Amen

Be well All
    Mark Christopher.
    Yes!

It is literally awesome and astounding how God will support us if only we will have faith and move forward onto new ground fearlessly. Also your success story is a testimony that redemption of lawful money is not a specific of private remedy. It is for men and women and that would be in the full or legal name as well.

Go get a new DL card and sign it Mark Christopher clearly printed. Your Signature Card says you are doing business as Mark HOWARD (or Smith, whatever) so sign everything else Mark Christopher. If it causes problems show your DL card identifying yourself as Mark Christopher. If they say you have to sign Mark Howard then they are obviously asking you to commit perjury or criminal impersonation, unless you are willing to dawn that mantle in trust - which is likely. So finish your signature:

Mark Christopher dba Mark HOWARD.

A notary will typically notarize your signature Mark Christopher if you show her (sorry, all the notaries I know are female) your DL card signature.

That gives me an idea. Go get a Certificate of Search ($25) from your USDC for Mark Christopher. Take that to a notary and have your signature and seal (thumbprint) notarized on it then publish it at your county clerk and recorder. Now you can give away certified copies for $1.25.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Yes!

It is literally awesome and astounding how God will support us if only we will have faith and move forward onto new ground fearlessly. Also your success story is a testimony that redemption of lawful money is not a specific of private remedy. It is for men and women and that would be in the full or legal name as well.
    David,
    Great point, however I must interject that it was not a fearless act for me. I was quite nervous and only after several trips and meeting with the same person did the fear lessen. Getting this in at the bank made the fear diminish even more. The TRUST I have developed in the suitors group has helped calm the fears also. A way of de-conditioning by example (for example Rock had done his sig card right before me and gave me the fortitude to do mine).

I must admit that it is a constant battle for me (fighting the fear) I was actually on my way to the USDC on friday to get my Certificate of search. I made it to where the building is and could not find parking. I drove around for 30 mins. The whole time playing in my head the questions that were likely to come. "where's your last name?, show me ID?, I don't understand what you are doing?" Unforunately, fear did get the better of me and I kept driving (still didnt find parking) but I did find a place to park on the way out and I do know where the building is now. (that's 2 anxieties out of the way!!)

My point is no matter how bad the fear, still try and do something with the effort even if it is not the full monty. I know and believe I am going back and I will get the search, however my next step may be just getting in the courthouse and walking around, getting familiar with the place, ask a few questoins. The whole key is that you take action towards that goal and ask for God's help. That is what is important. He helps those that help themselves.

Be well
    Mark Christoper