Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawful Money and the Bank

stoneFree

Just opened a lawful money account at Bank of America by adding a simple demand clause to the signature card/agreement. The rep didn't appear to know what I was talking about and asked the higher up. He looked at it and had no problem with it "Sounds good to me, you wouldn't unlawful money, would you?" Not sure if he was truly clueless or just playing the part. They even made a copy of the agreement for me!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    Just opened a lawful money account at Bank of America by adding a simple demand clause to the signature card/agreement. The rep didn't appear to know what I was talking about and asked the higher up. He looked at it and had no problem with it "Sounds good to me, you wouldn't unlawful money, would you?" Not sure if he was truly clueless or just playing the part. They even made a copy of the agreement for me!
    Excellent! I got the same confused looks from the asst. mang who was directly doing the paperwork for me and the lady he was training. If there is anyone in a branch who has a clue. It would be the head manager..but even that is doubtful

Incidently, my landlord was nice enough to show me his mortgage. It does say that payments to be made in lawful money.

Federal Reserve Notes are lawful to use. Thus the confusion.

Yet, FRN's shall be redeemed in Lawful Money on demand at any FRB.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    Federal Reserve Notes are lawful to use. Thus the confusion.

Yet, FRN's shall be redeemed in Lawful Money on demand at any FRB.
    Legal Tender vs. Lawful Money = Legal vs. Lawful
    FRN's should not be considered "lawful money" otherwise why would they need to be redeemed for such? FRN's redeeming FRN's....?? I have a page on just that...will post when I get my scanner working

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    FRN's should not be considered "lawful money" otherwise why would they need to be redeemed for such? FRN's redeeming FRN's....?? I have a page on just that...will post when I get my scanner working
    Cool!

Meanwhile;

Quote Originally Posted by US v Rickman; 638 F.2d 182

In the exercise of that power Congress has declared that Federal Reserve Notes are legal tender and are redeemable in lawful money.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by US v Ware; 608 F.2d 400

United States notes shall be lawful money, and a legal tender in payment of all debts, public and private, within the United States, except for duties on imports and interest on the public debt.

But finding that, I made note:

Quote Originally Posted by Shoonra
    The instruction PAY TO THE ORDER OF on the face of a check evidently has a reason for this wording (and for not using the much older working of simply PAY TO). After spending some time chasing down some UCC textbooks, I believe I have an explanation (not necessarily the only one).

The issue os the endorsement of checks over to third parties. This may not have been very common before the 20th century, but the current wording facilitates such endorsements.

If a check is made payable to Joe Blough, and Joe Blough is the person who will take the check to the bank, then it really doesn't matter whether the check uses the expression PAY TO Joe Blough or PAY TO THE ORDER OF Joe Blough, because either way it's Joe Blough and he's the one depositing or cashing the check.

But suppose Joe Blough endorses the check over to you. He signs the back of the check as an endorsement and now it's cashable by whoever is holding it, which, for the moment, is you.
    If you take the check to the bank, there is a problem; yes, it's true that Joe Blough, the named payee, signed the back but if the check says PAY TO Joe Blough then the banker cannot pay you because the phrasing is such that the money has to be handed to Joe Blough, regardless of his endorsement over to you.

On the other hand, if the check said PAY TO THE ORDER OF Joe Blough, then you can cash or deposit the check. Joe Blough already "ordered" the check paid by endorsing the back of the check, so the check will be paid by Joe Blough's order, even though the money won't be put into Joe Blough's hands.

I hope this clarifies it.

Here are those letters obtained via "Pieces of eight"Name:  treas1.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  45.5 KBName:  treas2.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  59.9 KB

I find this quote extremely telling...what might those thorny problems be???
    Name:  money.JPG
Views: 674
Size:  70.7 KB

I find this quote extremely telling...what might those thorny problems be???
    Name:  money.JPG
Views: 674
Size:  70.7 KB

To me, we find the monetizing of sin (debt). There are no FRNs extant that did not arise from a loan.

This letter is thinly veiled sophistry. If it were true, what the Treasury spokesman says, then Congress could just change the verbiage and stump me and everybody else from the true meaning...

They shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand...

Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    Can you snap a photo or scan that? Sanitize it in Paint before you show us...

I wish a free covert audio recorder came with each membership here!

Last edited by David Merrill; 04-28-11 at 12:07 AM.