Thread: Order of Operations / Big Newbie Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am pleased that we may be evolving past non-endorsement. I spoke to a fellow on the phone who discovered Title 12 USC §411 independently before 1998! His reading is even more blatantly obvious than mine/ours:

They shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand... at any federal reserve bank.

He and his wife made their demand to the closest Fed bank - the Big 12. He published this through whatever method, county court I believe and keeps a copy handy for the bank on the corner. He has never had to show that though. He and his wife wrote up a rather succinct demand and put it on both sides of a laminated card. For years whenever they bank for cash they show the laminated card and joke about how they Want the Good Stuff. There is always some banter with the tellers about go get the "lawful money" - no legal tender, counterfeit notes etc. - The Good Stuff!

Recently he discovered this site and called me all excited. I was listening in amazement while he went on about all these same things as I write about and sure enough, he wanted to know if I was on Overload yet, while I was thinking, This guy sounds more like me than I do!

I found it a very exciting that somebody came to the interpretation same as I but eight years earlier, and independently.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by David Merrill; 02-11-12 at 10:59 PM.