P.S. Here is an example of some sanitized Crosstalk:

While responding to the success story at the bottom I decided this is quite edifying, enough to share by broadcast!

These days if that happens you need not bother but to send it back – Return to Sender; Not Residing Here. – Meaning you can check online or drop in to the bank lobby for a full current statement.

If you do not want to push your luck though, you are after all Doing Business As that fiction thingy so I do not see any problem with opening it. Examining Rule E(8) in the Admiralty Rules can help shed light. I assume your concerns arise from suspecting that if you accept mail to the JOHN H. DOE coming from your bank where you are in contract, doing business that anybody else (with an attorney mindset) can impose upon you to collect mail from them in that same legal name. Untrue. If some sleezeball attorney sends you mail to that name, you choose to do business as with him or not. Maybe Return to Sender, Not Residing Here but retain a copy (both sides) and get it rounddated at the post office? If the problem persists then open it and R4C with your evidence repository.

We have had problems long ago with the postal carriers placing judgment on what name you are. I doubt that will happen but one fellow had a process server (carrier) bringing the letter to his door and insisting he accept it!! He had taped over the window except the legal name and the PO carrier kept peeling off the tape and redelivering it. If you take it to the post office to return it do not pay any postage, but do not get worried if the clerk marks it Refused. Without collecting any fee, that is meaningless. If you Refused you would pay the postage to send it back. It is a ruse to make you feel like you are the owner of that material by being owner of the (legal) Name on it.

This journey requires discernment and the brain trust is a great place to be sharing in the learning process.

Just because you are contracting with your bank attorneys does not mean that you have to contract with anybody offering to.

Please let us know (or me to apprise the others) how those checks arrive; what form they put the account name in?

Rule E(8) Restricted Appearance. An appearance to defend against an admiralty and maritime claim with respect to which there has issued process in rem, or process of attachment and garnishment, may be expressly restricted to the defense of such claim, and in that event is not an appearance for the purposes of any other claim with respect to which such process is not available or has not been served.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 9:18 AM
To: 'David Merrill'
Subject: RE: at your convenience

David,

ok, a new zero interest checking account was opened, a deposit was been made and no issues so far. The signature card was signed John Henry dba JOHN H. DOE and stamped demanding lawful money. Printed checks will be required since the signature card reflects John Henry dba JOHN H. DOE why not the checks? If by chance any bank statements/correspondence arrive to JOHN H. DOE and not John Henry (scribble) dba JOHN H. DOE, I'll need to correct their error?

Thanks John.