Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COINS - the other lawful money

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    OK the fluctuation due to natural market forces, supply & demand, doesn't faze me. And the first two centuries of our nations founding, when we used silver & gold as money, saw very little inflation or fluctuation. I once saw a graph of this; was virtually a flat line until central banking came along. It's the other type of depreciation that bothers me.

Yes, I'm thinking a database of the NON-debased coins, shikamaru.
    But, it does.
    The purchasing power of coins did not change much, but availability does change and quite markedly.

If you will look to U.S. history, there were many speculative bubbles, boom and bust cycles which occurred despite the usage of a bimetallic standard.

War is one of the best ways of rapidly draining a country of its metallic units of exchange.
    This moves government to use paper (bills of credit) in order to allow commerce to occur.

Noah

http://oregonstate.edu/cla/polisci/s...665-2005-1.pdf

There's the graph. I don't deny that the US has seen spikes during wartime and boom & bust cycles (brought on by banking interests), but on the grand scale they have been fairly minor. Starting at 1665 it's more like 3 centuries of fairly stable price levels with real metal money. Inflation really gets going after the Bankers' Holiday in '33 with the acceptance of fiat. Metals availability doesn't much matter, and there you admitted it yourself, The purchasing power of [real] coins did not change much. Certainly if you don't like metallic units of exchange you don't have to use them; there's plenty of other money. Privately, we're free to use whatever we want as money. But gold & silver have been a preferred type of money for thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    There's the graph. I don't deny that the US has seen spikes during wartime and boom & bust cycles (brought on by banking interests), but on the grand scale they have been fairly minor. Starting at 1665 it's more like 3 centuries of fairly stable price levels with real metal money. Inflation really gets going after the Bankers' Holiday in '33 with the acceptance of fiat. Metals availability doesn't much matter, and there you admitted it yourself, The purchasing power of [real] coins did not change much. Certainly if you don't like metallic units of exchange you don't have to use them; there's plenty of other money. Privately, we're free to use whatever we want as money. But gold & silver have been a preferred type of money for thousands of years.
    When people are losing their farms or there is not enough currency to service debts, I would not consider that minor.
    A system of just weights and balances is only one of many elements of a stable economy.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    When people are losing their farms or there is not enough currency to service debts, I would not consider that minor.
    A system of just weights and balances is only one of many elements of a stable economy.
    That is true, but this is the difference: Today, millions are losing their homes, ect. It is a personal choice to get into debt that cannot be 'serviced'. Considering today that there is a multi-trillion dollar lien via Federal Reserve Currency (which is owned by foreigners) are we really in any better situation? The way I see it, taking the debt away from the individual and spreading out over the entire population is not a solution.

A nation (empire) of Ruling class and peons is what we have now, and in nobodies mind or reality, is it 'stable'.

Quote Originally Posted by martin earl View Post
    That is true, but this is the difference: Today, millions are losing their homes, ect. It is a personal choice to get into debt that cannot be 'serviced'. Considering today that there is a multi-trillion dollar lien via Federal Reserve Currency (which is owned by foreigners) are we really in any better situation? The way I see it, taking the debt away from the individual and spreading out over the entire population is not a solution.

A nation (empire) of Ruling class and peons is what we have now, and in nobodies mind or reality, is it 'stable'.

I Chronicles 6 describes the inheritance of the Levites.

1Ch 6:57 And to the sons of Aaron they gave the cities of Judah, namely, Hebron, the city of refuge, and Libnah with her suburbs, and Jattir, and Eshtemoa, with their suburbs,
    1Ch 6:58 And Hilen with her suburbs, Debir with her suburbs,
    1Ch 6:59 And Ashan with her suburbs, and Bethshemesh with her suburbs...
    So it is no real surprise to find Facilities Operations in the eye of the Golden Spiral.

To decode the Mysteries, you need to decrypt the Parables.

I flew way off topic there...

On the Topic as written you might keep context in mind (1984). The author for the Freedom League focused the whole deal about redeeming lawful money around coins.

Text Article.
    Video about the Article.

Quote Originally Posted by martin earl View Post

Most people are ignorant of what they are doing when they finance a given res. If one is financing a home, car, etc. you are converting the property into a registered security in which others can profit through their interest in the security.

The trillion dollar lien issue owned by foreigners is not entirely accurate. The majority of debt owned by the U.S. government is still owned primarily by Americans.

A ruling class empire with landless peasants (proletariat) is what you always had throughout history. Nothing has changed for a majority of people.
    The difference today is that people get up and work hard to place themselves in some form of voluntary servitude.

People just bought the kool-aid sold by the Framers through their private charter, the U.S. Constitution.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 04-21-12 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Most people are ignorant of what they are doing when they finance a given res. If one is financing a home, car, etc. you are converting the property into a registered security in which others can profit through their interest in the security.

The trillion dollar lien issue owned by foreigners is not entirely accurate. The majority of debt owned by the U.S. government is still owned primarily by Americans.

A ruling class empire with landless peasants (proletariat) is what you always had throughout history. Nothing has changed for a majority of people.
    The difference today is that people get up and work hard to place themselves in some form of voluntary servitude.

People just bought the kool-aid sold by the Framers through their private charter, the U.S. Constitution.
    I am grabbing that for another thread!