Something interesting happened recently. For all of 2011 I redeemed lawful money for all transactions, but I used a credit card in TRUE NAME LAST to cover renewal of two websites in the fall of 2011. When the invoices/coupons came I paid the bill using PMO but made sure I stamped on the invoice/coupon "Deposited for Credit on Account or Redeemed in Lawful Money Per Title 12 U.S.C. 411." I believe I did that two or three times last fall for relatively small amounts (maybe $13-$20 per transaction).

Now understand I only paid the amount on the invoice/coupon - nothing more, nothing less. I received a new "invoice" yesterday which shows a zero balance paid or due from the previous pay period but now shows a "5.00-" balance due. I will have to dig out the old statements from last year to verify the invoices and payments again, but it seems strange to me that the card is being credited for $5.00 when no overpayment has occurred in the past.

Once I confirm that the statements in fact were as I believe I will comment again. I just thought it was interesting that a credit now shows and I wonder if it has to do with the endorsement stamped on their invoice/coupon.