Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who filed this year, and how?

Who filed this year, and how?

Just out of curiosity among those that are still lurking the forum - is anyone filing? If so, can you outline how you've gone about it (assuming of course that we're not talking about a standard 'sheep' return where you operate under the presumption of full liability).

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
    Just out of curiosity among those that are still lurking the forum - is anyone filing? If so, can you outline how you've gone about it (assuming of course that we're not talking about a standard 'sheep' return where you operate under the presumption of full liability).
    Sabo,

I have not filed since 2008. I filed 2004-8 with a CTC zero return, corrected forms, 4852, etc. Since my wife is now being robbed of over half her income, I am no sure how I am going to file for 2009 - 11. I suspect I still need to rebut the information returns. But, then again, the Agency sees me as an "employee" working for "wages" for an "employer" and anything I say that doesn't coincide with that seems to be met with all the Friv and nonsense penalties they can come up with. My wife and I have filed for those years jointly and they have come after her using her former married last name and not her present. I don't know how that happened, but it sure is confusing. Still not sure how we will approach unfiled years. I know that we will start applying the Suitors remedy when the next paychecks come around. Hopefully that will start something new.

JohnnyCash
    I suspect ... well I won't say what I suspect. I think it's becoming fairly obvious. Anyway, guys I've got just the form for you. It's been somewhat hidden but very popular this year - Form 4G0N.

[Large image removed because it was slowing down my browser and affecting the page formatting. See attachment.]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-05-12 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    I suspect ... well I won't say what I suspect. I think it's becoming fairly obvious. Anyway, guys I've got just the form for you. It's been somewhat hidden but very popular this year
    You've been saying that a lot lately. Unfortunately, there's no strong evidence from any credible source that suggests that.

Inaction is probably not the best thing to do, so I'm asking what people are doing (as far as filing is concerned). That way, if nothing like what you've been suggesting happens (which is where I'm hedging my bets, to be perfectly honest with you), I don't continue to be in the bad situation that I'm already in.

..anyway, more constructive feedback from others would be greatly appreciated. shikamaru? Treefarmer? freedave? (I don't remember which ones have been able to avoid the gaze of the IRS' All-Seeing Eye..)

JohnnyCash
    Some never realize they're penned. Some do and escape to freedom. Some are shown the gateway and, for some reason, never enter through. And finally, some work for The Man to deceive and keep the herd in bondage.

I suggest you pay the taxes you owe. I haven't filed since Tax Year 2008. I make lawful money not "gross income."

Sure, but I've only started redeeming Lawful Money this year. It's last year most of us have to deal with.
    Are you attempting to purport that anything I made prior to that is unequivocally taxable? I feel that may be a bit short-sighted and misleading.

Besides, even if you are making Lawful Money, do you work for a place of business that pays you on a weekly/bi-weekly basis? Is it via 1099 or do you get a 1040 that you ignore or rebut? Maybe you've explained your remuneration situation in other threads, but I'm just trying to get a sense of where else our situations differ. I'm certain we aren't in the same working situation, so please understand that not everyone can instantly do exactly as you have at this very moment.

I have been pretty busy lately and involved in a wonderful conversation on the brain trust about Grantor's Right of Novation. Sabo, you simply calculate from the first paycheck that you consistently started redeeming lawful money. We have a suitor who is working through how to calculate redemption of lawful money on the 1099 Form, apparently it is a little more difficult that we have examples here for the 1040 Form.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I have been pretty busy lately and involved in a wonderful conversation on the brain trust about Grantor's Right of Novation. Sabo, you simply calculate from the first paycheck that you consistently started redeeming lawful money. We have a suitor who is working through how to calculate redemption of lawful money on the 1099 Form, apparently it is a little more difficult that we have examples here for the 1040 Form.
    I only started redeeming Lawful Money this year.
    I thought I would have to wait until next year to make anything known about my Lawful Money redemption?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
    I only started redeeming Lawful Money this year.
    I thought I would have to wait until next year to make anything known about my Lawful Money redemption?
    That's right. When you start redeeming lawful money you have no tax liability on income. So leave the withholdings from before you started redeeming lawful money. I know a few folks who started January 1.

So your opinion is that I have no leg to stand on from any other angle as far as general liability with 'pre-Lawful Money' ...?