Thread: Does anyone know...

Does anyone know...

How to build a wind turbine?

It's very windy here and I've been working on a blue print for a wind turbine. There are many plans on youtube that are interesting, and some that look as if they work fairly well.

If anyone has done this or has seen a reasonable plan post it here!

There are some yahoo discussion groups which deal with the construction of wind turbines in great detail.
    The 12V DC Power group belonging to Steve SPENCE has a lot of members who have built them and I believe there is a dedicated windpower yahoo group.
    Steve's website green-trust dot org has some info on DIY wind turbines which you may find useful.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

stoneFree
    No. But if I were, Home Power Magazine is where I'd look first. Lots of resources & good info: http://homepower.com These range from a cheap system built around an old junker's generator/alternator, up to multi-thousand dollar systems. Keep in mind the occasional HI-WIND storm and with lots of moving parts IT WILL require maintenance.
    Last edited by stoneFree; 03-09-11 at 11:05 PM.

I check those links out. Maintenance will be required yes, but it would still be cheaper and smarter then paying for what they charge from the grid.

you may want to check out the vortex max and imparticular mark rodens "Roden Coil". you may be able to take the new winding and retrofit it to a lightweight car alternator. perhaps even an old tractor generator. Tractor generators were commonly used on early aircraft as electricity generators as well. they had a propeller that resembled a multi blade boat prop. i think there was a yhoo group called axiel flux that was experimenting with home built effecient motors/generators.

there is a design that looks like half a wing that flip flops back and forth. They are preferred for water pumping or oxygenation of ponds. i have wondered if someone setup the same mechanizm like those shaking flashlights how they could perform with energy generation.

I love vortex math.

Nature was my Teacher can lead to other explorations. Like flying wheels within wheels.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

wish i had better retention. I feel i hardly know anything these days. Now i kinda fumble around with low tech and trial and error lol this looks about my understanding lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmrh6...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIEJT...eature=related
    Last edited by Arik Alan; 03-25-11 at 06:43 AM.

I was on a project with a venturi augmenter for a wind turbine in college. We won an award Engineering Days, an annual exhibition. The next year I exhibited an vortex augmenter that I built on a red kite with wire kite string.

Attached Images Attached Images