Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first attempt at demanding lawful money...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mannity View Post
    David,
    I am not trying to make his point for him. I just haven't been able to get past this with him. My next step was to write a letter to the bank making known my demand.
    I like the idea of publishing my demand and serving it on the bank. I haven't found much of that on the Forum on how to do that. Is there a template or instruction set for constructing a proper notice and demand? Where does it get published? I assume it is also sent to the bank? I apologize for all the questions... still getting my bearings.

I deposit checks into an account as well as receive electronic payments via credit card merchants.

Thanks again.
    This website is like an echo chamber for some inner workings where people can read without being involved. In other words we encourage an evidence repository in the federal courthouse for your record-forming. I will see if I can sanitize an example today.

Sign with a public notary and acquire a Commission Certificate with the Secretary of State on that notary. Publish the Demand and CC with the county clerk and recorder and have the county C&R mail that directly to the USDC evidence repository. Then get a certified copy of that from the US clerk of court and have it served on the nearest Federal Reserve Bank by a professional process server and then that Proof of Service on the entire package, on your bank. Then it is done. You don't need to change your Signature Card.

UPDATE! Walked into a PNC bank today (where I also have an account), told the branch rep I want all transactions on my account to be in lawful money (as per 12USC411) and that I need to change my signature card to reflect my intent (I showed him the law). He says, "NO PROBLEM". So now, my signature card reads, "All transactions, paper or electronic, redeemed in lawful money pursuant to 12USC411" (plus my signature). I will now close out my account at the bank I've been having issues with, and deposit THAT check in my other account to be redeemed in lawful money.

P.S. I took the advice from Rock Anthony (which I found in another thread) regarding not saying too much when making my demand. I didn't say anything about 'US Notes, restricted endorsement, etc. Thanks, Rock and David.
    Last edited by Gregory Harold; 04-19-12 at 05:50 PM.

UPDATE! Walked into a PNC bank today (where I also have an account), told the branch rep I want all transactions on my account to be in lawful money (as per 12USC411) and that I need to change my signature card to reflect my intent (I showed him the law). He says, "NO PROBLEM". So now, my signature card reads, "All transactions, paper or electronic, redeemed in lawful money pursuant to 12USC411" (plus my signature). I will now close out my account at the bank I've been having issues with, and deposit THAT check in my other account to be redeemed in lawful money.

P.S. I took the advice from Rock Anthony (which I found in another thread) regarding not saying too much when making my demand. I didn't say anything about 'US Notes, restricted endorsement, etc. Thanks, Rock and David.

I would think mentioning "restricted endorsement" would spook the pants of the bank.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7...tampedover.png

You are quite welcome! You have shared a real growth lesson with us here... Thank you!!

Look at how tacky this is:

Bank of America has been putting their endorsement over the account-holder's non-endorsement! He complained and first the tellers got upset with him. So he spoke to a higher administrator and he said, Just make sure you instruct the tellers not to cover up your verbiage.

The teller had to have the last jab though.

How do you know I wont just cover it up after you leave?

Solution: Make the snotty teller give you a copy of the check, front and back... then for good measure make her notarize your short statement about snotty tellers, mentioning her by name below that.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-19-12 at 08:32 PM.