Thread: My first attempt at demanding lawful money...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mannity View Post
    UPDATE! Walked into a PNC bank today (where I also have an account), told the branch rep I want all transactions on my account to be in lawful money (as per 12USC411) and that I need to change my signature card to reflect my intent (I showed him the law). He says, "NO PROBLEM". So now, my signature card reads, "All transactions, paper or electronic, redeemed in lawful money pursuant to 12USC411" (plus my signature). I will now close out my account at the bank I've been having issues with, and deposit THAT check in my other account to be redeemed in lawful money.

P.S. I took the advice from Rock Anthony (which I found in another thread) regarding not saying too much when making my demand. I didn't say anything about 'US Notes, restricted endorsement, etc. Thanks, Rock and David.
    http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7...tampedover.png

You are quite welcome! You have shared a real growth lesson with us here... Thank you!!

Look at how tacky this is:

Bank of America has been putting their endorsement over the account-holder's non-endorsement! He complained and first the tellers got upset with him. So he spoke to a higher administrator and he said, Just make sure you instruct the tellers not to cover up your verbiage.

The teller had to have the last jab though.

How do you know I wont just cover it up after you leave?

Solution: Make the snotty teller give you a copy of the check, front and back... then for good measure make her notarize your short statement about snotty tellers, mentioning her by name below that.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-19-12 at 08:32 PM.