Thread: Newbie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theendresult View Post
    hello people who know way more than me,

I have been awake in certain ways for a while now, and like the original poster on this thread, have been looking for the ways to remove at least some of the chains that have been thrust upon my neck by our government and the sheep of the country, which i have to admit i used to be. I have been reading up on some of the things posted here, but i have a serious impediment. i do not understand the language of law. all the "in rem" "in res" latin stuff, the words that mean a different thing because its in regards to law, all that stuff, just makes my head want to explode. i believe that this site could be very helpful to me, but i lack the tools to use it. so what i am asking is how do i start? do i need to bury my head in a copy of Black's for six months before i should even attempt to understand any of this? is there a way to make sense of it all without doing that? im not asking for a handout, i just need a place to start, and seeing as how i feel its very important to do this, i dont want to screw around. i did cash a small check yesterday with "redeemed for lawful money pursuant to 12 usc squiggly lines 411. so that excites me, even if i dont know yet what the squiggly lines mean. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
    Hang in there.

As you gain more knowledge and re-read posts, things will become clearer to you.
    Also overtime, you'll develop your own philosophy with regard to law.

For newbies, I recommend several law dictionaries: Black's Law pre- and post- 6th Edition and Bovier's Law Dictionary.
    Black's Law dictionary seems to have really changed with the 6th edition. I have a 4th, 5th, and 6th edition.
    4th edition has many Latin terms in it.
    Bouvier's Law Dictionary can be found online.

I highly recommend treatises. You can read and download treatises from Google Books.

To remove some of the chains, one must stop falling on one's own sword.
    It helps to follow the rule of holes: if you find yourself in one, stop digging.

People use many tools against themselves: the power of declaration, right to contract, failure to inquire, no evidence repository, divorcing one's self from the power of agency, failure to administrate one's affairs competently, etc.
    Learn how to use these to your benefit rather than to the benefit of others (and to prejudice against you).

Two servitudes that many have problems with:

1) Commercial
    2) Legal

You'll want to clean up your affairs with regard to both points. Take care of the commercial before the legal.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 09-27-12 at 10:34 AM.