Without going into too much detail, because we all know that the government "code enforcers" just go around the state trying to collect revenue for the Corporation, I wanted to get some opinions on what I should do.

I run a small business in California and it has operated relatively free from State workers trying to extort money from me. But just today I had one particular individual enter my place of business for the second time, disregarding the "NO SOLICITING" Notice on the door, and offering up a contract.

The first time my friend/employee made the mistake of signing the violation, and after attempts of telling this government worker that the particular laws they are citing me for don't apply to me because my business is not operated in the way the state is using its regulations for, it was met with restating the canned "spiel" of how I'm in violation.

Well, just today they came back in and tried to serve us a second notice of violation, however this time my friend did NOT sign the violation and it reflected as such, i.e. "Cashier/agent refused to sign violation" in the signature line.

Am I going about this the wrong way, or is there nothing they can do because they don't have a contract with ME? Also, isn't there some form of notice they have to give me before they can enter my premises?