Commercial warfare being waged in a mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
i like to go to the oldest definitions I can find of the word to by-pass years of manipulation.

venue (n.)
early 14c., "a coming for the purpose of attack," from Old French venue "coming," from fem. past participle of venir "to come," from Latin venire "to come," from PIE root *gwa- "to go, come" (cf. Old English cuman "to come;" see come). The sense of "place where a case in law is tried" is first recorded 1530s. Extended to locality in general, especially "site of a concert or sporting event" (1857). Change of venue is from Blackstone (1768).

The mailbox (address) becomes the venue.

What cares more liability? the NAME or the address?

A relative of mine travels for work all around the world living in hotel rooms.
When back in Canada he never had a permanent home/address.
He called the CRA and asked them what to put down as his address on his income tax forms since he had none.
He also asked if he could use his friends address as a return for his tax's.

The CRA said that he could not file his tax's with out his own address and that he could not use his friends.
The CRA told him that he would have to wait until next year to file two years in a row when he did get himself an address.

The NAME had no liability until connected to an address in this case.
It was all about venue.
The model I prefer is that the mailbox is an enclave. Residential Address carries a lot of connotations though; so I will not argue against that post at all.