Thread: Choose your forum background color

Choose your forum background color

This announcement is for the convenience of forum users who, like myself, are not too familiar with vBulletin features.

At the bottom left of each page is a little drop-down menu that lets the user select one of three forum skin choices: Default style, Aria-Sand-Fluid, and Underground Style.

Aria-Sand is pretty and very bright.
    Underground Style has lots of style and a dark background with light lettering, which is very eye-friendly for some of us.

After you choose Underground Style, you will find that the drop-down menu for skin choices is now located on the right side near the bottom of each page.

Enjoy!
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Howdy !
    I'm delighted to find this forum.
    Just FYI-> there's presently only 2 choices for forum skins...bright enough to pain the eyes....or dim enough to strain the eyes !!!
    Is it possible to get another in there which is in-between somehow, please ?

Best Wishes to All.

I like the bright one myself. Treefarmer likes the dark skin. They are about $35/each to add on the menu. Let us know what you like, maybe from other sights; grab the name of the skin and tell us. Maybe we can make it happen.

I spoke with the fellow who set this site up today. He is pleased that we have this many members and more the content and intelligence level of the posters.

Very enjoyable!!

There are actually free VB skins if one looks around and I have found them, but have no experience setting up or maintaining VB.
    Mostly I have used phpBB and really like a skin for it called 'AcidTech Purple'; not for it's graphics (which I remove when I use it...) but for how easy it is upon the eyes-> neither too bright nor too dark IMO. It can be seen here:
    http://www.stsoftware.biz/phpbb3/ind...cidtech_purple

I've always wanted to try my hand at VB, but with all the 0$ forums to choose from I couldn't justify paying for a forum which would likely only have one user...me !
    Best Wishes to All.

deadalive

We lost a lot of the SuiJurisClub crowd to one of those overnighter free sites. I am finding this much more entertaining. I really dislike that big phisher panel at the top over there. I avoid clicking my mouse on it but my button is really a hair-trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by deadalive View Post
    There are actually free VB skins if one looks around and I have found them, but have no experience setting up or maintaining VB.
    Mostly I have used phpBB and really like a skin for it called 'AcidTech Purple'; not for it's graphics (which I remove when I use it...) but for how easy it is upon the eyes-> neither too bright nor too dark IMO. It can be seen here:
    http://www.stsoftware.biz/phpbb3/ind...cidtech_purple
    That skin looks much like Underground style except for the perniciously mephitic purple.
    Of course I realize that colors affect different people in different ways.
    I wonder why it has a radioactive fallout sign at the top?
    Treefarmer

Yes, it is also a dark skin - the text remains either white (rather than off-white) and/or purple.
    I,personally, find that combination to be very easy on me olde eyes.
    When I have used phpBB with that skin on my own hosting I have removed the obnoxious graphics myself.
    (They probably have to do with some insane video game or the like...)
    Best Wishes to All.

deadalive

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    This announcement is for the convenience of forum users who, like myself, are not too familiar with vBulletin features.

At the bottom left of each page is a little drop-down menu that lets the user select one of three forum skin choices: Default style, Aria-Sand-Fluid, and Underground Style.

Aria-Sand is pretty and very bright.
    Underground Style has lots of style and a dark background with light lettering, which is very eye-friendly for some of us.

After you choose Underground Style, you will find that the drop-down menu for skin choices is now located on the right side near the bottom of each page.

Enjoy!

Thanks Treefarmer, I am new and that setting is Great for my eyes!

ph

Hello phortunate.
    Welcome to the forum, and you are welcome
    Treefarmer