Thread: Locus Celebrationis

Locus Celebrationis

I think it was somebody here who introduced me to this new term?

Locus Celebrationis.

Locus Celebrationis

The locus celebrationis of a contract is the place where the contract is entered into. If the contract is entered into as the result of a series of acts or negotiations, leading thereto, some of which took place in one state, and others in another, the situs of the contract will be the place where the act took place which rendered the contract binding.

The law of the locus celebrationis determines the formal validity of the contract and the capacity of the parties.

Might that term help 'break the code'? As in, might that term or principle have anything to do with the U.S. Constitution or the Articles of Confederation (178x) or even the Declaration of Independence?
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Might that term help 'break the code'? As in, might that term or principle have anything to do with the U.S. Constitution or the Articles of Confederation (178x) or even the Declaration of Independence?
    The actual place being on the federal fictional overlay (districts) or the land suae potestate esse. Of course that makes for diversity of citizenship distinguishing between the artificial person and the man. Or maybe endorsing private credit or redeemed with lawful money?

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    The actual place being on the federal fictional overlay (districts) or the land suae potestate esse. Of course that makes for diversity of citizenship distinguishing between the artificial person and the man. Or maybe endorsing private credit or redeemed with lawful money?
    Interesting. IMHO, the word 'place' seems to imply 'public place' with 'location' being ambiguous as to private or public. Perhaps 'locus celebrationis' applies to "constitutions" and birth certificates?
    Last edited by allodial; 06-19-12 at 08:19 PM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

I am thinking so.

Maybe venue is place?

I suppose any formal place begins with a survey.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I am thinking so.

Maybe venue is place?

I suppose any formal place begins with a survey.
    Interesting. Seems there might have to be an agreement as to what is "in {Place/City Name}" and therefore a survey of some kind.