Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Understanding The System of American Government

Lee can be a bit weird...

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Among the brain trust rambles a new slogan...

Remedy is between your ears.
    I'm not finding a THUMBS UP emoticon here.

At any rate: THUMBS UP on that comment!

This was my point about pointing out that "Lee can be a bit weird..."

Do your own due diligence and reasoning. Study the law and find out what is possible. Then design your process to take care of whatever your needs may be. It is up to your opponent to rebut or refute your findings.

A must read: Pied Pipers of Babylon

Sorry if I seem late to the show with this and others are well familiar with it, but I just discovered this golden nugget hidden in another thread posted recently. And it goes well with the information that Lee has provided (as well as crediting Brobst with adding to the knowledge of this author's own work). It picks up where Lee leaves off, and then some, with more important details that help outline and set up explanations of the premises in law.

Pied Pipers of Babylon was first published in 1985 by Verl K. Speer. This is a large file (16 MB), but well worth downloading and reading carefully. Toward the end of the book, there is an Exhibit section that is worth reading and digesting all on it's own as it encapsulates many of the ideas expressed at more length in the book. There's a brief interview that is transcribed that took place between Dr. George Hill (of Universal Life University's Common Law program) and the editor of the Duck Club News Digest in Stockton, California. As the introduction describes, the "article was subsequently copied and distributed in large quantities by the Populist Party and, thereby, initiated a correspondence series between Congressman Ron Paul/Joe Cobb, Assistant to the congressman for Banking Legislation, and George Hill/Verl Speer."

The series of letters, circa 1984-85, were sent back and forth between the author and his partner (Verl Speer and George Hill) and the office of Ron Paul and his legislative assistant Joe Cobb, who writes in Paul's stead. Apparently, Mr. Cobb thinks that the hand bill of the interview that was circulated (of which Mr. Paul's office received a copy) made "several frightening and untrue claims about P.L. 95-147 and Sec. 16 of the Federal Reserve Act." The exchange that goes back and forth between these two is an education in itself. Hill and Speer hold their own against the Congressman's assistant, who seems not to always know what he's talking about in addition to being condescending and casting irrelevant as well as inaccurate aspersions on their scholarship.

As the prologue to the book suggests, this work endeavors to answer important questions that each of us need to know and understand about how government works in the United States of America:

"Governments owe their existence to the laws they observe, which in turn, determines the form or system of any particular government.

"This raises other questions of logic we may ask ourselves: What laws does our government observe? What is the jurisdiction imposed in order to enforce these laws? How is this jurisdiction acquired over an artificial person? How is this jurisdiction acquired over a natural born person?

"First, the answers require an understanding of the systems of law and their fundamental differences; and second, an understanding of the forms of government that can exist within these systems of law."

The foregoing gives a brief but accurate introduction to what this book is all about. For anyone trying to figure out how to approach their own common law process, this is indispensable material. Well worth spending some time with.

I have endeavored to reading both volumes of Our Country. I printed out Pied Pipers though and have it right here. Could you please give me page numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I have endeavored to reading both volumes of Our Country. I printed out Pied Pipers though and have it right here. Could you please give me page numbers?
    Not sure I follow what you're asking, David. And what is Our Country?

If you've got Pipers printed out, look at the Table of Contents. All the subjects and page numbers are listed there.

What page numbers are you talking about? If you're trying to find the quote I gave, it's in the Prologue, as was pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowLaw View Post
    Not sure I follow what you're asking, David. And what is Our Country?

If you've got Pipers printed out, look at the Table of Contents. All the subjects and page numbers are listed there.

What page numbers are you talking about? If you're trying to find the quote I gave, it's in the Prologue, as was pointed out.
    I found the correspondence between the author and PAUL's spokesman near the back of the book. Thanks!!

And what is Our Country?

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    And what is Our Country?
    The US is a federation.

A state is a country or nation.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 07-27-12 at 10:05 PM.