Thread: Fresh out of BofA - signature card woes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    More BofA problems. Last time I reported that my 'Personal Banker' refused to provide a signature card for me to modify, and pretended (perhaps?) ignorance of 12USC411. Since then I recorded my demand with the county Register of Deeds and sent BofA a certified copy. Today I received a letter from the Banking Center Manager II with the following amazing text:
    Dear Mr Gerdes:
    We are in receipt of the purported Notice and Demand for Lawful Money. Please be advised that this document has no legal relevance and, therefore, no action has been taken or is required by the bank. We are therefore returning this document to you and consider the matter closed.
    Sincerely, Anthony Petrella

So BofA did not (could not) R4C my demand because of our ongoing contractual relationship, so they just said it is irrelevant and they are ignoring it.
    From this I conclude that:
    1. BofA has confirmed that they got my demand.
    2. BofA has no intent to comply with the law.
    3. What BofA thinks is of no great importance to me; I will proceed as if they agreed to my demand.
    4. It appears that the 12USC411 crowd is beginning to put pressure on the IRS, and they are stalling harder to discourage any more slaves from escaping the plantation.

What does the brain trust think of BofA's response?

Freed Gerdes

post edit: Have not heard from E*Trade Financial, who got the same certified copy of my demand. Sprott Global Resource Investments, LLC took my demand cheerfully. Heh.
    Last edited by Freed Gerdes; 07-12-12 at 08:09 PM.