Hello all,

As I've been lurking in these forums for quite some time now and I've decided it's high time to begin to apply my remedy and process. The first step I've undertaken was to notify Bank of America that I will from now on out be conducting all transactions on my account in "Transactions demanded in lawful money pursuant to Title 12, U.S.C. subsection 411"

I attempted to put the aforementioned verbiage: specifically "All transactions demanded in lawful money per 12 U.S.C. ? 411" on a freshly acquired signature card before executing it with the personal banker. She asked me what the verbiage was for and I told her that is was a reservation of rights (kinda), and that it may be for tax purposes pertaining to my account.

After numerous calls to the help desk (where they looked up, and read the code when I gave them the URL), and eventually to the legal department (which is where I could see the gears turning in her head, and a flustered look) she informed me that "signature cards my not be modified for any customer". All while showing me a screen on her computer that had that clause as a bullet point under a larger "Risk Management" heading. I informed her that the specific verbiage said "for" and not "by" any customer, but in either case she was unpersuaded, so to avoid an escalation to a verbal argument about the importance of semantics I thanked her for her help and left the branch.

Now at this point I still have the signature card with the hand written verbiage on it so what, if any, methods or recourse do I have to either persuade them to take it, and provide me a notarized copy, or the laws, codes, statutes, ordinances, or case-law that I can cite to effectively shove it down their throats? Bear in mind that I currently have an account with them, and a copy of the signature card I executed back in 2007 without anything other than my naked signature.

Many thanks to the brain trust here, as i'm learning tons since I've come across this site.

-Gonzo