Okay. I've had some time to mull over everything that has been suggested (trying to make sense of it and to gain insight into its significance) and I think I'm getting a clearer picture of what is happening. At least I hope I am. But I need some valid feedback -- and correction of my assumptions if they are incorrect -- so that I can correct what needs to be corrected in order to gain remedy.

Objective One: gain control of the judge in this matter. Gather the oaths of office together and publish an affidavit at the county recorder that I have "not given consent to be prosecuted by vacant offices" (if the oaths actually show this) and I do not recognize the court not of record. Using David's method, this is done by gaining the cognizance of the U.S. government through the district court by filing the documents into a miscellaneous case file and filing the original from the recorder into the case with the local clerk of court marking my certified copy FILED, including markings from the district attorney into the case file. Getting the DA's markings on these documents is significant in being able to gain control of the judge! This would also mean I would need to file a LoR.

Question 1: I haven't been able to locate a local office of the district court where I could open a miscellaneous case file. The only district court offices that I'm aware of in this state are in two of the larger metropolitan areas that are hundreds of miles from where I live. The only local courts showing in the phone book under United States Government are: Courts: Probation and Parole; U.S. Bankruptcy Court; U.S. Magistrate; U.S. Pretrial Services. Would the U.S. Magistrate court be part of the district court system where I might be able to get this done locally? Or no?

Question 2: If the oaths of office of the actors are indeed faulty (as David suspects), is gaining the cognizance of the district court the only way to get control of the judge in this matter?

Question 2a: If the oaths of office contain an oath upholding the U.S. and State Constitutions, wouldn't accepting this oath and putting the judge and prosecuting attorney on notice achieve the same thing as gaining the cognizance of the district court? It seems to me it would. Correct me if this is wrong, please!

Question 3: Are any affidavits that I might file into this muni court's record, aren't they part of the written record? Or would the judge need to recognize me as my own attorney in order for these to matter or play any significance?

Part of the problem is: I've been seeking a way to remedy this matter without having to use the district court. I was under the impression that if you could get into a court of record (where the common law is recognized), then you could bring out the defects in the presentment and thereby achieve remedy. I missed my chance to recuse the judge at the "arraignment" and demand a hearing in a judicial court of record.

Because I have not had a complete understanding of the significance of the suggestions that have been made and the specific way in which they need to be executed, there are some things that are still needing to be done. Hopefully, I still have time to correct those errors.

I just today received another letter from the appointed attorney (haven't yet filed the first "return to sender" photocopy with the local court because I was attempting to find a district court office where I could open a file) and have not opened it, and have marked it "return to sender" in the same manner as David suggested for the first one. I'll be getting photocopies of that letter and getting the P.O. to date stamp those copies tomorrow when I return it. If I'm unable to locate a local district court office in order to obtain the D.A.'s file markings, will it still be useful to file these copies with the local court, or will the judge just disregard them?

I'll also tomorrow be looking into obtaining the oaths of office of the judge and the prosecuting attorney.

This is embarrassing to admit (simply because I didn't have the correct understanding to go on from the start), but I "refused for cause" the three copies of the documents (the Determination of Release Conditions and Release Order, the Order Regarding Counsel, and the Notice to Defendant re: "your court appointed attorney") that were handed to me at the "arraignment," and returned them to the court last Thursday by Certificate of Mailing. It didn't hit me until today that perhaps these won't be recognized by the judge either, even though they are in the record.

I'm doing my best to understand the processes in play here, but it's difficult to be certain without being able to get certain crucial questions answered first. I'm not dumb; just ignorant of how these processes are supposed to work. Any useful comments will be greatly appreciated!