Hello Micheal Joseph!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
So we disagree; great. I can see however, that I touched a nerve with you.
A nerve? I wouldn't say that. Maybe it's just the way I reasoned it out. Thank you though for clarifying it to me. It could be that I'm "special needs" in the interpretation of "forum-style" discourse.

I in no way made any claim or argument against you, in personal capacity. Yet you seem determined to defend yourself. Why?
I saw that you had quoted me at the top of your post, (implying to me you were responding to me) and very soon after used some, at least to me, abrasive language and name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe
Let me say, I am not being argumentative, rather I very much enjoy discussing God's word
and hearing other interpretations from genuine believers.

So do you believe that the soul or the spirit, or both will experience the second death?

< Hebrews 9:27 >

Based on your answer it sounds as if you are saying the soul is the only thing that lives on.

Thanks,

Tom
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

It is appointed that men should die in this Age once - there is no RE-incarnation. One trip thru this Flesh Age and then on to paradise. To reside in paradise, yet said paradise is divided into two sections - a gulf - a chasm - that cannot be passed. Luke 16. Also 2nd Esdras. See the so called rich man was on the other side and the gulf could not be passed.

Tell me false ones - where is your Hell. Where is your power now? Hell does not exist and in reality will only exist at the end - and at the end it - for those who can read the greek - it means to be blotted out of existence.

Tangent - what kind of paradise would it be if you could hear and see your relatives and friends - burning and tormented forever and ever. What now of your fear - false ones? Go peddle it somewhere else. Did you catch the blotting out part -
I am capable of supporting what I say (as are you), and I will. And perhaps I relish a good discussion, especially from an opposing viewpoint a little too much. I believe DM refers to it as an "echo chamber".

My experience had taught me that truth is absolute, and it will stand up against challenge. If it doesn't, it isn't the truth.

It's one thing to say that you've decided what your truth is and hold to it regardless of what evidence and challenge shows (not speaking of you specifically, many people do this). Worse to me would be someone that decided what "their" truth is without ever subjecting it to any scrutiny from any external source.

In my mind that is a sure path to dementia, or becoming a sociopath.

Anyone is capable of seeing something that I have not or realizing something that I may have failed to. I'm eager to hear all points of view in order to continually grow and perhaps find areas where my reason is flawed.

I digress.

But since you bring the controversy; lets explore for a moment:

Do you think a Soul has need of water? H2O?
There were no seas in First Age and no Seas in the age to come Third Age.
No.

Did not Yehoshua tell the woman at the well, I will give you water to drink and you shall never thirst again?
Is not the bread and the water symbolic of Truth - God's Word?
Yes, God's Word, the Living Water.

Amo 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

-----

Do you presume to be tormented means that he is burning or in extreme physical pain?
Perhaps this is shame? And they shall look up and see the Son of Man coming in the clouds and beg for death - "For Shame, For Shame."

Why would the man ask for a message [truth = water] to be sent to his father and brothers?

Do you suppose that perhaps to "be in Hell" might be a Hebrewism that means to be absent from God?

Yet Yehoshua went to speak to the Prisoners? Where do you suppose they were kept?

1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
I admit, I do not have an acceptable answer for all of that yet. This has prompted more research. I will get back to you.

Will you damn me to Hell if I study the Gnostics or the Apocriphal books like Enoch, Wisdom, Esdras....etc? Or what if I choose not to study the KJV at all? What if I study the Masoretic Text and the Septuagint Text? Does that qualify? Even the KJV - Romans recognizes there are many who have never heard the Word will not be found wanting on Judgment Day based on what their Natural Knowing of what is right or wrong.
I do not damn anyone to hell, nor does the Lord. People damn themselves.

Based on my current knowledge and understanding of the Holy Scriptures (which do not include Apocriphal books like Enoch, Wisdom, Esdras....etc) I believe that hell was never intended for man, but for fallen angels. Man puts himself where he is.

You read whatever you want. If you believe God is God, then you have to believe that what is represented as His divine word, IS His divine word. I do not believe that God would allow any plot of the devil to corrupt the one and only way man can know the heart of God.

I hear people throw stones like translations corrupted, or the Bible was put together by Constantine so it's not the real canon.

God will use whoever He wants.

The devil is not equal to God. It is not some "battle" between good and evil where two evenly matched opponents fight it out for domination of the human soul.

The devil is a created being, an archangel, under God, in fact used by God for His purpose alone.

God is in control, all is unfolding according to His will. Man's only concern is who will he follow.

But in effort to stay on point - Can God die?
No.

Btw Tom, thank you for engaging this discourse. I can tell you love to study and that is great.
Thank you for your civility and thought provoking questions!