Thread: Can God die

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I do know there are good men of God, working as "men of God".

I don't think that churches should be 503c. That places them under the wrong master. Forbidden.

I don't think that pastors should give "messages" in their churches. This opens the door to taking any verse out of context, and making it mean whatever they want. Which is usually not what God meant in his word. Pastors should read The Word. They should teach about translation, interpretation and context.

I think that the gate is narrower than anyone realizes.

I don't agree that "going to church" saves anybody, but... I do believe that a true believer understands that going to church is not necessarily for them. I think that people who are mature in their faith have an obligation to to church for the edification of others.

I grew tired of going to church. My church was a chapter by chapter, verse by verse church. After I had been a believer for while, been on fire, got super involved, volunteered, read the whole Bible, attended Bible college ( 1 semester, didn't graduate), I grew weary knowing what was going to be covered at church every Wed. and Sun.

I started to get annoyed with more and more people at church. Only seeing everyone's faults. I got a negative attitude and stopped going.

I felt better, but something wouldn't stop bothering me. I keep feeling guilty, though I knew there was no where in the Bible that commanded me to go.

Then one day I was thinking about it, going over it (to myself) how I knew the Word, I knew the message, and I just didn't need to go. Then, I believe The Lord told me clearly,
    "You don't need to go for you. you need to go for others that need what you know." (paraphrase)

That's when it hit me. Believers get so selfish. We want to go and "get fed" all the time. Never understanding that there comes a point when your feeding has to stop being the priority and feeding others should become the focus.

I didn't need to go to church for me. I needed to go to church for the people there that maybe needed my insight on their own journey. Also, because no matter how "scholarly" you think you are, you still need accountability from your peers to keep you on track. We are ALL susceptible without accountability.

Will people be damned for going to a 503c church? I doubt it. In the end, the truth is... Christ crucified. That's what's required. So rather than sit on a high horse, I decided that I am no better or worse than anyone else.

And if I'm sooo smart and knew sooo much, then I should be doing more.

That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Axe; 03-28-11 at 10:40 PM.